Don't Just Pray for Manchester, Pray for the World

We need to pray for the world daily because whether we like it or not, it isn’t going to get any better from here on out.
17

It has come to our attention that we need to pray for countries. But we only do so when a tragedy has taken place. Manchester, for example. The minute it hit the news, “Pray for Manchester” photos went viral. When Paris was attacked in 2015, the same thing happened. “Pray for Paris” all over Facebook and Instagram and Twitter. A Spotify playlist was even made for what happened. I’m not saying this is a bad thing. It really isn’t, but we’re missing the big picture.

Many of us should be blessed to live in the United States. And sadly, many take that for granted. There are many countries that are trying to get by. They are constantly engulfed in war and poverty and so much worse, yet do we see signs saying “Pray for Syria,” or “Pray for Iraq?” Sadly, we don’t. Because we don’t care about the other countries that struggle with daily problems. And that just isn’t right.

Needless to say, prayer is a powerful thing. It is to be used properly and not just when terrorist attacks happen or natural disasters. We need to pray for the world daily because whether we like it or not, it isn’t going to get any better from here on out. I’ve seen so many posts this past week talking about how 2017 was supposed to be a better year than last year. But sadly, it won’t be. In fact, it will be worse. I know you don’t want to hear that and I don’t want to believe that it will be worse, but the reality of the matter is that if we as people were so messed up last year, what makes you think we’ll be any better this year?

So many things are going on in the world that never comes to our attention. And there are many instances where people make jokes of attacks in other places. We are a dying world. We are a dying people. And we won’t get any better if we keep terrorizing people or neglect to show love to those who need it the most. We should be radiating with love and joy and peace instead of creating chaos and havoc. I know world peace is never going to happen. We have proven that much. But why shouldn’t we at least try to change?

The next time a tragic event happens, which will happen no doubt about it (sadly), we shouldn’t make pictures saying “Pray for Said Country Here,” and post it the moment it makes the news. We should be praying now. Because this is truly the only time we have. The fact of the matter is we never know what will happen. For all we know, it could be the country close to us, or our country even, and in that moment everyone will be so sad and shaken up that they will start praying right then and there. Don’t just pray when tragedy hits. Pray constantly. Because prayer might be the only option right now for many people. Don’t just pray for Manchester or Paris or Ireland or Iraq or any other place or country, pray for all of them. Pray for the world.