6 Reasons Why My Life Is So Busy Nowadays

To The People Who Think I Don't Have Time For Them Anymore

It's not that I don't care about you, it's that I'm in the middle of trying to make something good of myself.

66
https://www.pexels.com/photo/three-women-posing-for-photo-1524105/

I'm sure I have quite a few friends and family members who wonder why I've yet to respond to their text messages or agree to hang out with them sometime soon. Because of this, I figured the best way to satisfy your curiosity would be to create an Odyssey article that puts forth all of the reasons why I seem so busy or more neglectful of you nowadays. It's definitely going to seem like a bit of a rant, and that's just because I want you to understand how valuable each of my current obligations truly are to me.

1. My five college classes. 

Nathan Dumlao

Yes, while most college students only choose to take four courses every semester, I'm taking five every single week.

I have class on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.

That means I have a little bit more work to do than others, and so I, unfortunately, don't have the time to hang out with friends as of right now.

Do I wish that I could? Yes, of course! At this time, however, my grades need to be a top priority.

2. Studying for the LSAT in January. 

Green Chameleon

January isn't far away, and it's definitely not easy studying for the LSAT when you've got five classes and 3 jobs that you're wholeheartedly committed to.

3. My legal internship.

rawpixel

This internship is my whole heart. I've been committed to it since my first interview, and I don't intend on neglecting it anytime soon.

Every Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., I learn more and more about what it means to be a member of the legal profession (which is also the same career I am currently trying to pursue).

4. My weekend jobs in retail and food service. 

Alexandre Godreau

Every Saturday and Sunday, I am working at my second job in retail (and I LOVE it).

I typically only work from either 11 a.m. or 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on both days (which also means that I'm pretty exhausted by the time I get home).

Sometimes I'll even get scheduled to come in to work at my third job in food service directly after that (which goes from 5:30 p.m. to either 10 p.m. or 11 p.m.).

5. I'm sick of the drama. 

Casper Nichols

Have you ever received a text message from someone and not responded to it simply because you know your conversation isn't really going to go anywhere in the end?

If so, then you've probably felt the same way that I do whenever I receive messages that concern drama or negativity of any sort.

Here's the truth:

I DON'T WANT ANY PART OF IT!

All it does is contribute even more negativity into my life, and I'm honestly never in the mood for it.

6. You've been giving me a little too much attention lately. 

Igor Starkov

I appreciate those of you who take the time to check on me every once in a while to make sure that I'm okay. And checking on me frequently when you know that I'm dealing with an emergency situation is definitely okay too.

But if you know that I've been posting regularly on Facebook and Instagram (and my posts aren't at all negative), then I kindly ask that you give me my space and stop messaging me over and over again.

Rude, I know. But sometimes I just prefer to be left alone, not pestered.

I'm an adult, and I want to be treated like one. Too much affection can overwhelm me sometimes.

So please, step back and give me my space.