Don't Hate Your Heart

Don't Hate Your Heart

Learn to embrace the person you are; your emotions and everything.

14
Don't Hate Your Heart
pinterest

As a girl, we are known to be emotional; full of all sorts of feelings and thoughts. Often times it is known that we cry often, and where having breakdowns is almost expected.

If you are not like this, you are often times shamed for “not caring” or being “emotionless.”

And 99.9 percent of all girls will fall into one of these two categories: being too emotional or not enough.

Whether we are one or the other, we at some point wished we were the opposite.

For instance, I would be one who falls into the “too emotional” category. It has always been a thing where I cry way too easily…and over silly things, I’m sure. I overthink almost everything people say, and feel the pain of hurt quite often. And from time to time I have wished that I wasn’t so emotional.

I have wished that I was the opposite; that I had less emotions or didn’t care about every single thing or person I come in contact with as much as I do.

And at some point along the way, similar situations have occurred with someone who maybe is not full of emotions and has then wished upon themselves that they cared more, or that they were more emotional toward things.

This may not seem like a big deal so to speak. But it can make life hard from time to time. Especially in relationships. Whether it is relationship with your boyfriend, or a friendship with your gal pals, your state of emotions will always find a way to creep in and make things difficult at times.

I have always been one who has loved deeply. Hating people has really never been a thing for me. Instead, I often times find myself getting too invented with pouring out myself and my love to others. From having a boyfriend, pouring myself into friends, and even being invested in strangers I may not even know, feeling a vast amount of emotions has always been something I felt for others. Loving with every ounce of my soul (literally) and wanting to pour out to those around me constantly. Which doesn’t sound like a huge problem. But see when you are “wired” this way, fear, worry, and vulnerability soon follows. Because I love so deeply, I often risk hurt and often worry about the what ifs.

When I was in a relationship, this was something that was very present. It made it that much harder. I overthought a lot (like most girls do.) I found myself worrying quite a bit because of the anxiety I built up in my head. And then grew to love deeply. And though it can be good, it can also result in a lot of pain. And eventually that is what occurred. And so when the relationship ended, it was a hard process to not only go through in itself but to also just get over that hurt that came with the state of being vulnerable and trying to mend a heart that was full of an overabundant amount of emotions.

Sometimes our emotions get the best of us. And though I may not currently be in a relationship, I still find myself in similar situations with friends. Our emotions play a huge role in every sort of relationship.

I will find myself, feeling that state of fear because I have poured out so much love towards my friends around me and am scared of then being hurt from it. And it can often times make friendships a scary thing for me. It is part of feeling vast amounts of emotions and putting yourself out there. Because loving others and having so much compassion for them can sometimes result in feeling pain; or even the fear of resulted pain which can be just as bad sometimes.

Those who are not overflowing with emotions, often times will find themselves in situations where they are accused for not seeming to care at all or not having any interest. It can make relationships just as hard for them, as well. Dating a guy and having a lack of emotions can result in him wondering if you are even invested in this relationship. It can result in your friendships being put to the test because your friends think you don’t care about them or whatever may be going on at the time. But see that isn’t the case.

A lot of times as girls we hate what we have; including our emotions…or lack of emotions. But see that is not what God intended for us. He didn’t create us in our beings to hate the fact we are either full of emotions, or maybe lack them. It’s not a bad thing to be either way, though it comes with its own strengths and weaknesses.

Even though sometimes it is expected for us girls to be emotional toward a situation, it’s okay if you’re not. We need to embrace the way we are.

Learn to love who you are. And embrace it. God knew what He was doing when He created us the way we were; he had a purpose for every single part about us….even our emotions.

And I think as girls, we often times compare ourselves to others and constantly wanting something we don’t have. So just like everything else we wish we could change about our own self, we often times will find ourselves wishing our feelings and emotions were more or less than what we were gifted with.

Don’t fall into that temptation though. The devil is out to get us and our emotions. It is quite easy to do in our state of vulnerability we often times face. But don’t give in.

You were made the way you were for a reason, no matter which of the two categories you fall into. So embrace that and work with it. We aren’t perfect and no matter the way God made us, we will find struggles within ourselves and others along the way. It is inevitable. But instead of giving in to the devil and wishing something different on yourself, be proactive and embrace the way God made you. Learn to love it.

Ps thanks Mads for the topic idea….(told her I would @ her in my next article…SO THANKS!)