I Don't Hate You, I Just Choose To Not Socialize With You

"I cut you out, not because you weren't good enough, but because you were too toxic for me."

30
ILikeToQuote.com

This is an open letter to the people I choose not to spend my time with or put forth effort with anymore.

First of all, I do not hate you. Honestly, I do not hate anyone anymore; even those who have done me wrong and have hurt me in the most unforgivable ways. I've grown past that stage in life, and have learned to accept the fact that you cannot please everyone, and not everyone can please you. But just because I don't hate you, doesn't mean I particularly like you. I will do my best to tolerate you and be civil and mature whenever you're around, but that doesn't mean I want to spend any of my time with you, or any effort on you.

I choose not to socialize with you because I realized my life is not supposed to include you.

Life is a precious gift, and if I am going to make the most out of it, I am not going to let those who only bring me down into my life over and over again. I have made that mistake too many times before, and all it ever did was bite me in the a--. I believe in second chances, but sometimes enough is enough. If you need someone to talk to, I will be here, but do not expect me to be your best friend through your rough times anymore. I am a friend to those who are my friends, and will give advice to those I choose not to be friends with.

I cut you out for a reason. not because you weren't good enough to be in my life, but because you were too toxic. You were someone who only brought me down, even on the days I needed you most. You made me hate who I was because you never cared about the things I was going through; you always found a way to make the topic about you. You only ask me to do things with you as a last resort. You call me stupid and annoying. You sometimes even pressure me into things I'm not comfortable with, and call me pathetic if I don't follow through.

You were someone I wanted in my life, but I soon realized I did not need you anymore.

Thank you, though. Thank you for showing me how many true friends I really have, and that quality always trumps quantity. You have shown me how much better I deserve, and how not to feel with someone who is my "friend." You have taught me a lesson in life that I will forever be thankful for. So, thank you for all of the backstabbing moments, the random spurts of anger taken out on me, and for the unkind and hurtful words that were spoken to me, putting awful thoughts into my head.

I wish you all the very best in life, and I pray that someday you will learn to grow up, and become a decent human being.