10 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Hate Me For Being A Bad Texter

Don’t let my terrible messaging skills define how much I value our relationship/friendship.

517
Photo by Bence Boros on Unsplash

1. I promise it’s not personal.

"It's not you, it’s me." But really though, it's one of my many faults. I promise I don't mean to do it.

2. I’m just better at talking when face to face.

You know that when we meet, I will spill my guts out and talk about everything and anything.

3. It’s just more natural for me to be present, in the moment than on my phone.

I literally have to TRY to stop and take time to reply. I don’t know how people can automatically message back. I genuinely believe it's a skill.

4. I even go 1-2 months without talking/messaging my own parents!

All my family members live very independent lives. We all do our own thing. Maybe it's the way I was raised?

5. Just because I’m a bad texter, you can’t say that I’m not intentional and that I don’t care.

I might not show my love and attention through how I message, but you know that I show it through other ways!

6. I'm incapable of messaging one person throughout the day, 24/7, all day.

Trust me, I've really tried. I can maybe get a maximum of one or two days of constant messaging, but then I'm back to normal.

7. Small talk on text is so hard for me.

Small talk in person is no problem. But when it comes to small talk on messages, I just can’t seem to keep the conversation going.

8. Feel free to call me.

I enjoy talking on the phone! It isn’t that I don’t find our conversations important when messaging, I just really suck at texting.

9. If it’s really urgent, I really really do try hard to text back as soon as possible.

If it's urgent, I'm there. But then again, if something is urgent, we should probably be calling.

10. I promise you are a very important person to me, even though we don’t message often.

Trust me, it isn’t that I’m not trying enough, that I don’t find our conversations important, or that I don’t care enough. It’s just more natural for me to call or talk face to face. I’ve tried and tried to be a better texter but I'm incapable. I admit it, I’m a terrible texter. It's one of my many faults! Please don't hate me for it.