Don't Give In To The Pressure To Spend Time With Toxic People This Holiday.

This year it's important to stay away from those toxic people in your life and spend the holidays with those who love and support you.

9

The holidays are an important time of year for many people. You come back from school, you have time off work, and you get to see those that you may not have the time to every other month. It is a great break to relieve stress and relax with those you love around you.

Unfortunately, this is not the case for everyone. Many people face the problem of seeing toxic family members and friends, or even people that do not make them feel comfortable when they're supposed to be in a safe environment. This article is to tell you that it is okay to let those people go, and avoid them during the holiday season.

These encounters can be stressful to the point where it mentally and physically drains you. If saying yes to some plans and events will do more harm than good, do not go. I know there is a fear of obligation so many people put into the minds of young adults that their family is above all, but not if that family is unloving, and unsupportive.

Outgrowing some friends and family members is okay, and it's human nature. If you are changing for the better, and are growing for what is best for you; do not let those around you stop your growth. You are not your parents' and friends' choices, so do not let theirs control you.

This year, I hope that you are able to realize that it is okay to say no. Do not let the pressure of these people force you into plans that you feel uncomfortable doing. Losing toxic friendships and family members is easier in the long run than trying to hold on to them and allowing it to hurt you.

This is a time where you are able to relax and unwind. So saying no may seem like a hard thing to do, but it is worth it in the end if that means a better holiday for you.