Doubting Yourself

It's OK To Doubt Yourself, It's What You Decide To Do About It That's Important

Try to pick yourself up, and find what you can do to meet your own standards.

133

Doubt is something that everyone eventually experiences at some point in life. Some may experience more than others will. You may doubt your ability to get through college, or the major you picked. You may doubt a business you have started or a creative outlet that you started out of love but seemed to have lost something along the way. People doubt relationships, friendships, family, strangers, but mostly themselves.

I believe it is what you do with that doubt is most important.

The more you let that doubt control you and continue to drag you down the rabbit hole is when you begin to lose yourself. You lose your passion to a point where you no longer want to succeed in it. You start to almost lose the very core that makes you, you. Doubt very well can destroy you, but only if you let it.

If you allow it, it can lead to new ways of thinking or tackling the issue at hand. You may find a way to rekindle your love for a creative project or discover a new outlook on your future career. Try to use that doubt to build yourself up, learn more about what YOU want out of life. Try new approaches that you have been afraid to do in the past. Sometimes taking a break to sit back and reflect on that doubt may lead to you further your own success.

Do not be afraid of change. Change is not ultimately bad and neither is doubting yourself. Doubt means you care about that object, that person, that business. Doubt means you care about yourself, and that you know you can do better. If you failed at something, just remember, it is okay, it is not the end. So do something to rid yourself of that doubt, and you do not have to do it alone.

Reach out to others in times of doubt. Talk to those who you trust, tell them your worries, your doubts, and what you are feeling. Those people you trust, that truly care about you, will give you insight that you may have not thought about. They will remind you that you are loved, regardless of the decision you make. Brainstorm with each other, because sometimes two brains are better than one.

And if needed, take a break from whatever you are doubting (to the best of your ability). Slow down and really focus on yourself and who you want to be. Take time to nurture your body, your mind, and your soul. This can be through spiritual means of your choice, or could simply be taking a walk outside with fresh air.

When you are ready, ease your way back in. Take small steps in a new direction and celebrate those small milestones. Be proud of how far you have come and know that you will be able to accomplish your dreams at your own pace, not anyone else's. Remember, you are strong and you are important. Never compare how fast you reach your accomplishments to anyone else.