Don't Change Yourself For Love, Find The Love That's Right For You
Health Wellness

In The 21st Century, You Shouldn’t Have To Change Yourself To Find Love

This should have been a trend that was kicked out the door years ago.

177
couple holding hands

Movies and books have made it seem like finding love will solve all of the world's problems. And, I know I am not the first to tell you this but... it doesn't. Love is absolutely spectacular, but it isn't something to be forced. If you find someone who loves everything about you except for one thing... or maybe two... or, you know, maybe if you just fixed your hair or changed your perfume… then they are not the right one for you!

I am sick and tired of people feeling intimidated by their significant other, or feeling like they could lose them if they don't comply with their every wish. Love shouldn't come with a catch. Your girlfriend or boyfriend should be content with everything that is you, and not make requests for you to change things about yourself that you truly don't have to.

Now, change can be (and almost always is) a beautiful, beneficial thing. However, it isn't always necessary.

If your significant other says that they will break up with you if you do not lose weight or if you don't start eating healthier, they could potentially have your best interest in mind, but that's not a healthy way for them to portray that. Instead, you need to show them the door. If others cannot love you for you, then it is not worth your time to be in a relationship with them, whether it be romantic or platonic. Toxic friends can be just as detrimental as an unsupportive significant other.

However, you don't have to deal with this. There is no need to keep those around that make fun of your outfits or judge you for the type of food that you eat. If you want to spice up your own wardrobe, if you want to lose weight to get healthier, or even if you want to become a vegetarian, then make those changes for yourself. Take control of your own life and do what is right for you. Don't feel obligated to hate a part of your body or alter yourself just because someone else suggested it.

If your boyfriend, girlfriend, or best friend doesn't like the way you dress, quite frankly it is none of their business. You should be able to express yourself however you feel comfortable. By doing so, the people that are attracted to you and that relate to you, who happen to cross your path in the future, will click with you immediately. There is no need to try to force a relationship with someone who doesn't appreciate all that you are, without having to change anything.

Find someone who loves everything about you, someone who says you are enough.

I promise you, they do exist.