Burnout Is Real, Don't Let It Get To You

It Is OK To Be Busy: But Don't Burn Yourself Out In The End

Every feel like you're going nonstop and just want to sleep? Ya me too.

25

People say that college is the best years of your life, and honestly, I hope whoever says that is SOOO wrong because I want the best years of my life to be spend happy, loving what I do and who I am with and not constantly worrying. YES, college is the time to make those funny memories or have nights you might not remember, but do you really want to peak at 21-22? I sure don't.

Plus for my college (my undergraduate specifically) is all about just getting through and being ready for graduate school. I and many other college students are trying to maintain high grade point averages, pay all their bills, and ya know have the fun college social life you're expected to. AND THAT IS HARD. I work three jobs (approximately 40-50 hours per week) and am a full-time student and have friends I want to spend time with. Not to mention the importance of maintaining good mental and emotional health through it all.

I get this question at least once a week: "when do you ever sleep?"

And my favorite response is "at night."

I work my tail end off between classes, work, health, social life. And I am freaking tired, all the time. Literally to the point where I fell asleep on the hardwood floor of my friend's apartment the other day; with no pillow and no blanket. I was OUT. There comes a point where being busy and working hard is TOO much to handle and you burn out. I have hit that point, don't hit that point if you can avoid it.

Trust me, it is so important to pay your bills on time. It is crucial to study (school comes first), and spend time with your friends. BUT it is not worth jeopardizing your health; mentally, physically and emotionally.

IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

You will feel tired, you will sleep seven or eight hours at night and wake up and still feel tired and like you cannot move on with your day. You will have no motivation, to do school work, or go to the gym or even cook dinner. and when you feel like this it is okay to take some time to relax. In fact, you should take time to just chill. BUT, don't ket it takes over your life. That is how and when everything will go downhill, especially around finals.

When you are not motivated at all to do something, anything, whether it be to go workout, or write that paper or even as simple as making your bed. DO IT!! That is when it is the most important time to do it because if you can do it when you would rather do anything else, you can do anything.

Stay busy, but don't stay too busy.