9 Things You Should Never Be Sorry For

9 Things You Should Never Be Sorry For

Sorry, not sorry.

376
9 Things You Should Never Be Sorry For
Women On It

I'm sorry. Easily the two most overused words that are said every single day. But you know what? We shouldn't be sorry for constantly saying that we are sorry. I am guilty of saying sorry for things that don't need an apology. Here are nine things that we shouldn't be sorry for, but we apologize for on a daily basis.

1. Don't be sorry for saying no

"I'm sorry for saying no, but I promise next time I'll come." I know a lot of people who have a hard time saying no to people because they'll feel guilty if they don't say yes. We need to stop saying yes to people just to make them happy. It is okay to say no sometimes because we have lives and we can't be available for everything.

2. Don't be sorry for the way you look

How many times have you heard people, especially girls, say, "Oh my goodness. I woke up late and I had no time to get ready. I am so sorry that I look homeless." Or you see tweets that say, "I'm sorry for anyone who sees me on campus today because I look awful." Stop being sorry for the way you look. So what if you're running late and have to throw your hair up in a bun, or you forgot to shave your face. It will be okay because people shouldn't care what you look like anyways. So don't be sorry because the way you look isn't going to have an effect on the people around you.

3. Don't be sorry for having flaws

No one is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. Don't be sorry for not having your life together some days.

4. Don't be sorry for asking for help

"I'm sorry for asking, but I need help with something." If you know me, you would know that I hate asking for help and when I finally find the courage to ask for help, I always apologize to the person for bothering them to get help. Everyone needs help with things going on in their life, whether it be relationship advice, friendship problems, personal issues, or school work help, we can't go through life without asking for help every once in a while. And when we do ask for help, we shouldn't say sorry because getting help can make a difference in someone's life.

5. Don't be sorry for caring

"I'm sorry for caring so much, but I can't help it." Something I say a lot. I have learned that we don't need to be sorry for caring for others who are important to us. They might not want us to care, but deep down they need someone who is going to be there and care for them. If you care about someone don't be sorry for that because it just shows you're a great friend.

6. Don't be sorry for moving on

Have you ever had a boyfriend or a girlfriend that tries to get back together with you, but you've already moved on? I have, as I'm sure many of you have, and the typical response is, "I'm sorry, I have already moved on." Don't be sorry for moving on because there is probably a good reason why you aren't still hung up over that person. Moving on is easier said than done, but we shouldn't be sorry when we finally do move on.

7. Don't be sorry for changing plans last minute

Life happens. People run late. Plans change. We can't help it. I am sure that everyone, at some point in their life, has had to change plans last minute. Sure, the nice thing to say is, "Hey, I'm so sorry, but I am running late. Can we meet at 1 instead of 12:30?" I am sure the person will understand, and if the time doesn't work, make plans for another day. Don't be sorry for having to change plans because things always come up.

8. Don't be sorry for standing up for what you believe in

There is no explanation for this. Everyone has different beliefs and sure you might not agree with them all, but they are your beliefs and you shouldn't have to be sorry for expressing what you believe, because it what makes you who you are.

9. Don't be sorry for being the person you are

Last but not least--don't ever be sorry for being the person that God made you to be. "I'm sorry that I am this type of person." No. Don't be sorry. The person that you are makes you unique and special and we shouldn't be sorry for what we were made to be.

I'm sorryis a phrase that needs to be used less frequently. However, we don't always need to be sorry for saying "I'm sorry."