Don't be afraid of your mess

Don't be afraid of your mess

Own it, dont let it own you

32
Don't be afraid of your mess
st.depositphotos

You are an amazing creation of love, empathy, and the whole universe. I'm sure we all try to remind ourselves of this, but a number of things stand in our way of believing it, all of those things collectively fall under what we interpret to be our "mess".

No matter if it's our internal thoughts, love life, financial status, work life etc, every single person has a mess.

Stop being afraid of it.

If it's a broken heart that's left you feeling like a puddle of sadness, I promise you will once more stand strong as an optimistic, happy bundle of sunshine that you know yourself to be.

If it's depression that has taken away your will to stand resilient to the wind, let me remind you that you are only in the dark part of your story for now. There are many more chapters to turn to that are happy and bright.

Believe me when I say there's a happy ending once you come to the end. I've been there too. I once thought my story was none other than a book about despair and darkness too dense to get myself through. I've never been more happy to be wrong in my life.

Say your social life is in shambles because work and school have you barely floating enough to catch a breath of air before pulling you back under.

Guess what?

You can do this.

Your friends will understand, and they will cheer you on and do what they can to be your life savers if the waves seem to be getting too big and you feel like you're drowning.

Financial crisis?

You are far from alone. We've all be there. Don't be ashamed to ask for help, you'll be amazed with how many money saving tips are out there. You'll get through this.

Because we've all be through this, there's no need to ever feel embarrassed about it.

You see, each and every one of us has a mess. Even the most outwardly perfect person is dealing with some sort of chaos behind the closed door of their mind. So here's my advice to you.

Own up to your mess.

Identify what it is that's your mess. So be it if you have more than one. Understand what they are.

Give it a name.

This goes hand in hand with identifying the mess. Give it a name, and fight for control over it.

Broken heart?

Treat yourself to something that makes your heart happy.

Financial crisis? Put $5 in your savings account every paycheck and watch those small numbers grow to big ones.

School stressing you out?

Have a study sleep over with your best friends.

Depression?

Look in the damn mirror and speak to it. Tell your demons that they have no home here, and are not welcome here.

In the process of cleaning your mess, know that all of you, every aspect, is wonderful.

When Pablo Picasso created a work of art with all of the contrasting colors, harsh crude lines, and not so clear pictures, people thought it was a mess instead of seeing his artistic vision.

So while you might find yourself to be a mess, you are no less your own masterpiece.