Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez

After watching the three-part Netflix docuseries "Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez", I was left with more questions after than I was before.

If you have not watched the series, I highly recommend it to anyone. I'm not even a huge crime documentary person, but I have now watched it twice in a month.

I can remember back in the summer of 2013 when Aaron Hernandez was first arrested, sitting in the dentist's office and knowing that this particular news was different. When you hear about a high case murder and you want to see coverage on it, you often think to turn on CNN or Fox News or whatever popular news channel. You would never think to turn on ESPN. However, that's where this story was being covered.

I can remember everyone feeling very strongly about the situation regardless of which side of the situation you stood. I had my opinion too just like everyone else and I let that affect the way that I watched the series the first time. I had made my opinion beforehand I wasn't able to open myself to the other side. On my second watch, I was more unbiased.

Aaron Hernandez was accused of three murders on two separate occasions and killed himself in prison so that his family could get money. When you hear that, you think that Aaron Hernandez was a monster. (Which he very much could be). However, when you hear the whole story that is on Netflix, it really makes you think.

Aaron Hernandez was an all-star athlete, NFL star, and influence to many. He had so much going for him and lost it all.

After everything from the series, I feel that deep down there was a good guy inside of Aaron Hernandez. I know that he cared for people and I know that he loved his family, but at the same time, he was a murderer. Aaron Hernandez did unspeakable things, but there was something about him that you wanted to root for.