15 Things To Do Instead Of Wasting Your Quarantine

Because we all have the time now

35

Whether you are staying in your pajamas all day long or keeping up your usual routine, I am sure you have found yourself with a lot more free time on your hands lately.

1. Read a book

Photo by Joel Muniz on Unsplash

I don't know about you, but this time inside makes me want to sit in bed all day and check some books off of my reading list.

2. Watch a tv series/movies

Photo by JESHOOTS.COM on Unsplash

Use this time to watch a new series that you've been too busy to start or you can rewatch one you haven't seen in awhile.

3. Learn a new hobby

Photo by Tim Arterbury on Unsplash

You can learn how to cook, paint, sew, play an instrument, speak a new language, etc.... The possibilities are endless.

4. Start a fitness plan

Photo by LYFE Fuel on Unsplash

There are so many gyms doing live streams on instagram, hop onto one of those and it's free!! No excuses now!

5. Build a puzzle

Photo by Gabriel Crismariu on Unsplash

This is an activity that is time consuming and entertaining, so you won't be bored in the house anymore.

6. Do some gardening

Photo by Markus Spiske on Unsplash

Go plant some fruits and veggies, then in a few months you won't have to risk going to the store for tomatoes and peppers! Plant some flowers too, everyone is in need of a pick-me-up at this point.

7. Declutter the house

Photo by The Honest Company on Unsplash

Go through your kitchen and throw out expired food that is just hanging out in the back of the cabinet. Sort out the clothes that you want to keep for the summer or make a bag to donate once this is over.

8. Write a letter to someone

Photo by Helloquence on Unsplash

Send a letter to an old friend that you miss, send them an encouraging message and how they are doing during quarantine!

9. Attempt to make your favorite coffee order

Photo by Christiana Rivers on Unsplash

I started doing this and I have finally perfected it, now even after we are out of quarantine I won't be spending $5 everyday on coffee.

10. Create a playlist

Photo by Mariah Ashby on Unsplash

Name it 'Coronavirus' and fill your playlist with songs that will make your days better! Then in 10 years when you listen to it again, you'll remember how it made you feel during quarantine.

11. Self-care

Photo by Isabell Winter on Unsplash

Take a bubble bath, put on a skincare facemask, and turn on some relaxing music.

12. Try to make your favorite meal from your favorite restaurant

Photo by Zach Reiner on Unsplash

Salad, entree, and desert. The whole shabang.

13. Make a vision board

Photo by Christina @ wocintechchat.com on Unsplash

Take time to put all your dreams and goals on paper, then hang it up as a reminder every day to thrive.

14. Go outside

Photo by Josephine Baran on Unsplash

We might be quarantined, but it is an essential to be getting time for fresh air every day. Remember to stay 6 feet away from everyone, but go for a run, walk, play games with your family. Anything is better than going crazy couped up in a dark bedroom all day.

15. Read your Bible

Photo by Joel Muniz on Unsplash

I think now more than ever it is necessary to read God's words and let them comfort us in this time filled with trials and grief.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Utilize this free time that you've been given and show your community support.