Dear Quarantine, Can I Have My Life Back Yet?

Just because I understand that it is necessary doesn't mean that I like it

Dear quarantine,

At first the thought of you was nice. Online classes, no more work, no more making excuses as to why I couldn't hangout with people. You gave me the time to do things that I never imagined I could actually finish. I realized that this was only happening due to a global pandemic, but I'm trying to make lemonade here. The first few weeks were pretty productive, giving me time to read more books, watch more netflix, and even take up some new hobbies. Thanks for that.

What I now feel about you is completely different. The thought of you scares people. Restaurants are closing, people are dying, and seniors are missing monumental moments. I can't even spend my time off with my grandparents without fear of putting them at risk. The life we once took for granted is now on pause, all we can do now is wait.

If this is some kind of punishment for not enjoying the life we had, the message is loudly understood. I take back all those times I wished I never had to go back to school or work another shift at work. I will cherish smiles in the grocery store instead of fearful glares, I am sorry.. Now please don't take any more from us..

If you have taught me one thing it would be not to take normalcy for granted. I will appreciate waiting in line at a restaurant, sitting through boring lectures, and even dealing with the "Karen" at work. Quarantine 2020, I have learned to slow down and smell the roses, now can I please hangout with my friends again?

Just be very prepared when all this is over to give us girls time to get back to looking civilized. By taking away our hair and nail salons you have forced us to take matters into our own hands.