5 Ways To Know If You Are Getting Fat Or Your Clothes Are Getting Old

Age or a booty?

18
Photo by Mnz from Pexels

We've all had that moment where we put on our favorite pair of jeans and the crotch blows out. The question is, was it simply an inevitable demise for a pair of thrifted pants, or was it something more? Was it all the wine and caramel M&M's that you devoured at your sister's apartment the night before? Maybe the peanut butter you keep eating straight out of the jar? These five indicators will help you determine whether you're clothes are falling apart because of age or too much booty.

Check how old the clothes are

A quick and easy way to check how old an item of clothing is is to find the main seam. The main seam is usually located down the back of a shirt or dress, or in the front of a pair of pants. Some people call it a zipper. Without putting the clothes on, run the zipper up and down a few times to check for friction levels and speed. To be really accurate, get out a stop watch and time how long it takes. The faster the zipper moves means that the item is newer. In the event that your zipper glides like butter, then it might the M&M's and not the clothes.

Check how old you are

Are you a little boy or girl going through puberty? Are you a middle aged man developing a gut? Perhaps a woman in her early twenties who is filling out to become a fully realized woman? If you are, having your clothes rip is totally normal! Bodies change with age, and as we all know, clothes can be stubborn and tend to get smaller instead of bigger. If you are in fact getting bigger and your clothes are not changing with you, then ditch them. Find something that supports you as you grow as a person.

Water weight?

Are your clothes wet? Are you wet? Are you full of water? People and clothing do not work well together when one of them is wet, so make sure to check that the problem isn't just moisture.

Check if they are your clothes

Sometimes crazy things happen where you accidentally walk into someone else's home and put on their clothes and then they rip open, and you have to leave them on the floor like the remnants of a envelope full of cash from grandma. If someone else's clothes don't fit you, then there is no need to worry. You are not fat and your clothes are not old. You are just in the wrong house.

Check if you are wearing the right size

Did you go to Macy's with a blindfold on and pick up the first pair of pants that felt good? If you're clothes are ripping and you don't know why, there might be a chance that you didn't buy the right size. Re-check the sizes of all of your clothes. This usually is the most definitive way to know if clothes are old or you are getting fat.