dogs, co-sleeping, good
Life Stages

4 Reasons Co-Sleeping with your dog is a good thing.

For all the dog moms and dads out there.

9

Dogs are the most dedicated creatures that have come to us, they are loyal, loving, and they are always learning.

As a dog mom myself, waking up in the morning with a 60 pound beast curled up right next to me, is always a heartwarming feeling. Animals are sensitive to emotions, that being said, if a dog is willing and ABLE to sleep next to you in bed, must mean the connection between the dog owner and the dog in question is a healthy one, so ROCK ON!

However there are always people that do not understand the feeling, and so here are 4 reasons why letting the dog on the bed is a good thing.

1

Dogs are warm! They cuddle close and keep you warm, which helps with the heat bills. Why pay an extra 20 dollars a month when you can have your own personal heater every night.

2

Dogs are protective! To have a dog is to know that if there ever comes a need, your dog will have your back. And intruders tend to stay away from the dog, which would be you as well.

3

Dogs offer great emotional support! Dogs have a sense when their owner is feeling a little different, and they usually find a way to remind their owner that they are not alone. Just letting the dog sleep in the bed allows for an overall sense of peace in owner and dog.

4

Your dog won't judge you! Your dog loves you and understands that you are who you are, they won't judge you for what you do in your sleep. Whether you snore, talk, or sleepwalk; your dog will love you either way.