Do Not Let Them Control You

Do Not Let Them Control You

No more negative thoughts.

66
Do Not Let Them Control You
Bethany-Grace Bowers

There are several things that go through our minds as we get up in the morning. We usually get a shower and brush our teeth, go to the bathroom and maybe eat a little bit of breakfast. Another thing I confess that I do is look in the mirror. I don’t necessarily know why this became a habit but I think we can all admit that we do it often.

The bottom line is that the world has created a standard, not just for the way our bodies look, but for the opinions we should have, the way we think, who we vote for, what churches we should go to and even what we wear. All of those were just a few examples of places and things that have had a “normality” or “stereotype” associated with them so that, in our minds, any other option is looked at as obscure or maybe even wrong.

WE CANNOT LET THIS CONTROL US. Period. It is insane to me that “beautiful” has been categorized as being “skinny” or someone with a “perfect” face. God specifically made YOU who YOU are for a reason. There is no reason we should want to hurt our bodies or alter them in order to fit into the mold that our imperfect world has formed when a PERFECT God has made us and created us for a greater purpose than being what the world sees as pretty.

Now don’t get me wrong, it is so important for us to treat our bodies the right way and to be healthy and respect what God has given us, but that doesn’t mean we should compare ourselves to other and try to conform into something because we view our bodies as not enough or inadequate.

Girls. Never, I mean never, let someone tell you that you are not absolutely and beautifully stunning. You were made by a spotless and perfect God that smiles at your existence and glows because of your beauty that He created. And guys, you qualify for this same list. Don’t ever let anyone ridicule you for the way you look or dress.

I know this was a short one, but it is such a blunt and clear topic for me. Simple. Do not let the world that pushes so much individuality and uniqueness criticize the way you look or make you feel insecure because you gained the freshman fifteen. It happens to everybody, but guess what?? Life is so great, and it goes on. If you ever find yourself in a rut remember that tomorrow is definitely a new day and there are so many ways to get motivated and live active and healthy for your well-being and not to please anyone else! So, go for your goals and live positively and goal-oriented and not out to please someone else’s view of you.