DIY vs. Professionally Installed Home Security Systems

DIY vs. Professionally

11

Do-it-yourself home security systems are becoming more and more popular. They are a great way to save money, and they can be just as effective as professionally installed systems. However, there are some things you need to keep in mind when installing a DIY security system.

In this blog post, we will discuss the pros and cons of DIY home security systems, and we will help you decide whether or not they are right for you.

1) Consider how often you can monitor your system.

With a professionally installed system, you have someone monitoring your system 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With a DIY system, it is up to you to monitor the system and to make sure that it is working properly. This can be difficult if you work long hours or if you travel often.

Additionally, if you have a professionally installed system, the monitoring company will usually call the police if they detect an intrusion. With a DIY system, it is up to you to contact the authorities if you see something suspicious. If you are not monitoring your system, you may not notice an intrusion until it is too late.

2) Consider the cost.

Professionally installed home security systems can be expensive. The initial investment may be several thousand dollars, and you will also have to pay for monthly monitoring fees. DIY home security systems like the Nest security system are much less expensive. You can often find complete kits for under $200. However, you should keep in mind that a DIY system may not be as comprehensive as a professionally installed system.

3) Consider the installation.

Installing a professionally installed home security system can be difficult and time-consuming. Most companies will send a technician to your home to install the system for you. This can be convenient, but it can also be expensive. DIY home security systems are much easier to install. In most cases, you will be able to do it yourself in just a few hours.

However, it is important to note that not all DIY home security systems are created equal. Some systems are much easier to install than others. Make sure you read the instructions carefully before you begin the installation process.

4) Consider the level of security you need.

Professionally installed home security systems can offer a higher level of security than DIY systems. This is because they are usually more comprehensive, and they are monitored by professionals 24 hours a day. If you are looking for the highest level of security possible, a professionally installed system is probably your best option.

However, if you are just looking for a basic level of security, a DIY system may be all you need.

5) Consider your lifestyle.

Before you decide to install a DIY home security system, consider your lifestyle. If you are often away from home, or if you work long hours, a professionally installed system may be a better option for you.

On the other hand, if you are comfortable with technology and you don’t mind monitoring your own system, a DIY system may be the best choice for you.

Summary

Installing a DIY home security system can be a great way to save money and protect your home. However, it is important to consider the factors we have discussed before you make your decision. If you take the time to do your research, you will be able to find the system that is right for you.