DIY Holiday Centerpiece

DIY Holiday Centerpiece

Try out this super simple DIY for the perfect holiday centerpiece!

7
DIY Holiday Centerpiece
Meg Hayes

As a college student I live for clearance boxes and the dollar tree. And I for one love to decorate for the holidays so when I found a DIY that would cost me only around $10 dollars I had to jump on it and try it out for you guys!

Dollar Tree
Plastic Decorative flowers ($1)

Michaels
Paint ($2.00)

Mason Jar ($1.00)
Sand Paper ($3.00)
Sponge Brush (pack of 3. $4.00)

The steps for this centerpiece are simple:

1. Paint directly onto mason jar

2. Let dry (30-40 minutes)

Blast the mason jar with a hair dryer on heat to set the paint then let stand

3. Paint second coat

4. Let dry (30-40 minutes)

5. Sandpaper

I sandpapered the letters until there wasn't paint on the letters then scrubbed around the corners and edges. Don't get over zealous on this stage, you want the jar to look distressed, not bald.

6. Insert decorative plants or decorations!

This DIY is so simple and the final product is so stinking cute! It did take some time, but in the time it takes to dry you can make Christmas cookies with the kids or roommates, quote Elf. Or if you're like me right now...study for finals and seriously considering dropping out.