DIY Fairy Lights Mason Jar

DIY Fairy Lights Mason Jar

Learn to make yourself a light up Mason Jar. Keep it for yourself or give it away as a gift!
2187

Is your room or dorm room looking a little drab? Not enough light or color? Maybe it's big/little reveal week in your sorority and you need some crafting ideas? Or maybe you just need some great gift ideas for birthdays and other such occasions.

Well look no further — here is a super easy and chic do it yourself project. It’s so simple that a smurf could do it.

Step One: Buy a Mason jar

Make sure to purchase a Mason jar that you like. It can be big or small. The size should depend on the space you have and how many light strands you plan to put inside it. Maybe you want a colored mason jar, it all depends on the aesthetics your going for.

Amazon, Target, and Michaels are great places to find Mason jars. The dollar store is also an option, or even dollar general.

Personalized Options.

Step Two: Buy a top for the Mason jar or drill into it

Depending on what you want, you can either drill a hole into the top of the Mason jar, or buy a designed lid. I have a pretty star lid that has a handle. The important part is to have a hole that the lights can be slipped through. You will want access to the battery pack or adapter, depending on the type of lights you purchase.

Here are tops that have designs or holes:

Star Top Hanging Mason Jar.

Lowe Cornell Transform Inserts.

Michaels example one and two.

Lids with lights attached (Ignore step three if you buy this lid.)

Step Three: Buy the lights for the Mason jar.

If you want it to be more luminous, I recommend more than one strand of lights for your jar. However, be careful not to over crowd it or it will look too clumpy. Unless that’s the look you’re going for, the fun part is it’s all up to you! I have a strand of lights that is battery operated and twinkles. You can find the lights in different colors either with a battery pack or an adapter. Some of the battery-operated lights have timers. Keep in mind that the light strands come in different lengths. You will want your Mason jar to accommodate the strand of lights you buy. Also, there are solar powered lights and flickering ones like what I have. The options are endless.

Battery Operated: Amazon, Target

Plug lights

Solar Power

Multi colored

Different colors: Red and blue

Step Four: Assembling all of your pieces together

I coiled my string of lights around my hand, so that it was a loose coil. It made it easier to put the lights into the Mason jar, as opposed to just shoving it in there. Remember to string the lights through your Mason jar top, before putting the lights into the jar.

Once the lights are in the jar, screw on the lid and Voila! You have successful made your light up Mason jar.

Keep in mind that you can do anything you want with this project. Anything outlined above are just guidelines to help you in your endeavor to make an awesome craft, gift, or personal project! You can personalize the mason jar anyway you’d like; painting it, add glitter, stickers, peoples names, sorority or fraternity letters, mix and match the color lights in the jar, or even buy a colored jar. It's all in your hands.The most important task is to have fun while creating something special. It’s super simple and easy to do. Remember it’s so easy a smurf could do it! So please get creative and share with me the wonderful Mason jars you come up with.

My Mason Jar: