Freeing "Dixieland Delight" was probably more exciting to Alabama fans than winning a national championship. OK, maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but nothing will ever beat the feeling of the fourth quarter of the Missouri game and hearing the first beat of that song.
If you don't believe me, here are 20 things that were LESS exciting than hearing "Dixieland Delight" playing at Bryant Denny Stadium.
1. Finding a good parking spot on campus
2. Waking up and seeing that your class is cancelled
3. Seeing free T-shirts being passed out
4. Getting an A on a midterm
5. Receiving free food
6. Going to bed before 12 midnight
7. Doing all your homework BEFORE class
8. When your parents deposit money in your bank account
9. Thanksgiving/Christmas/spring and summer break
10. A gameday in the South
11. Seeing a dog on campus
12. Going to Starbucks and seeing no line
13. Finding the exact quizlet you need
14. Walking in to a class prepared for a test
15. Working out... in college...
16. Talking to your parents on the phone
17. FaceTiming an old friend from back home
18. Getting a care package from your parents
19. Being well-rested
20. Winning a national championship
In case you forgot, these were things that don't even compare to hearing "Dixieland Delight" and actually singing it to the top of your lungs with thousands of people. Now that "Dixie" is free, maybe Alabama fans will now stay for all four quarters.