Why 'Dixieland Delight' Hypes Up Alabama Football So Much

20 Things LESS Exciting Than Hearing 'Dixieland Delight' Again At Bryant-Denny

Yes, "Dixie" is free but have you ever thought about what would students dread to face on campus too?

11322

Freeing "Dixieland Delight" was probably more exciting to Alabama fans than winning a national championship. OK, maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but nothing will ever beat the feeling of the fourth quarter of the Missouri game and hearing the first beat of that song.

If you don't believe me, here are 20 things that were LESS exciting than hearing "Dixieland Delight" playing at Bryant Denny Stadium.

Finding a good parking spot on campus

Waking up and seeing that your class is cancelled 

Seeing free T-shirts being passed out

Getting an A on a midterm

Receiving free food

Going to bed before 12 midnight

Doing all your homework BEFORE class

When your parents deposit money in your bank account

Thanksgiving/Christmas/spring and summer break

A gameday in the South

Seeing a dog on campus

Going to Starbucks and seeing no line

Finding the exact quizlet you need

Walking in to a class prepared for a test

Working out... in college...

Talking to your parents on the phone

SEE ALSO: 23 Things You Call Your Mom For In College

FaceTiming an old friend from back home

Getting a care package from your parents

Being well-rested 

Winning a national championship

In case you forgot, these were things that don't even compare to hearing "Dixieland Delight" and actually singing it to the top of your lungs with thousands of people. Now that "Dixie" is free, maybe Alabama fans will now stay for all four quarters.