Trying To Revive Woodstock Is Disrespectful

Woodstock Was One Of The Most Epic Moments In History and Trying To Revive It Is Disrespectful

Nothing can compare to Woodstock 1969

55

One of the most epic moments in history happened on August 15, 1969. Where about half a million people gathered for peace and music. People came from all over to hear music we talk about today. It featured some of the greatest people in music such as Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin, The Who, and Jefferson Airplane among so many others.

While I am part of a young generation and don't have any personal ties to Woodstock, I know enough about and still enjoy listening to the music that was brought to use at that time. It is a time that I am reminded of when I go to my grandparents; I love hearing the stories of how they felt about Woodstock and their love music and what they listened too when they were my age.

So here we are in 2019 and on the edge of a new Woodstock. I find this very disrespectful.

You're probably wondering why?

Well look at the line up: Miley Cyrus, Jay-Z, Chance the Rapper alongside many popular other artists of this time. I'm not trying to diss any of these artists but it's like you're trying to say that they are better than the original. Why are we not seeing any of the living members of the 1969 Woodstock? I am sure some of them still can do the music festival justice.

Let's talk about the price for 2019 the price is almost $900 for a 3-day weekend at a minimum. I don't see myself spending that much for that if this was 1969 was $18 which is only about $120 today. I wish I was alive for the 1969 festival, I would pay to see that!

It was a time there were 500,000 people gathered and were so nice, so happy, and just listening and enjoying the music, and sitting in the mud. What are the chances this is going to happen again? I fear the same will not happen in 2019, I know there will be a large audience, but the peace and love of this audience will be nothing like it used to be.

So for some, it might be a big event in history to have a chance to live out the past, but are you? Or is this just another music festival? I find it very disrespectful that they would even call this a Woodstock. I know this is the 3rd one in history but the 2nd one was awful as well.

So why are we repeating history?

Wasn't one epic night enough?

Why recreate something so massive when you know the outcome will never be the some?

So just stop before things get worse, let the greats be great instead of trying to push who started all this into a forgotten past. Woodstock 1969 was something we should never forget and should be continued to be talked about.

Long live Woodstock 1969.