Best Music Festivals

8 Music Festivals That Are Better Than Coachella

Are you going to music festivals for the right reasons?

michele
michele
59

As a person who loves music, I can definitely say that concerts and live music is the best way to go when discovering a new artist. Those live shows can really give you a good outlook on an artist and their purpose for making music. In the past decade, I realized music is a major component of pop culture. Coachella is definitely a sub category of pop culture/music. You see all kinds of celebrities either performing or going as a guest. You see your favorite social media influencers posting non-stop about the music festival. You also see a ton of millennials either making fun of the event or complaining about how they couldn't afford to go and are super jealous of those who are there. The 2019 Coachella lineup does seem pretty solid but I know I won't be missing out on much, thanks to these awesome festivals that are just as good, if not better, than the 'Chella'.

1. Lollapalooza

Chicago is the place to be for great music. Don't live around the area? Buy a place ticket. It will be worth it.

MORE INFO

DATE: August 1st - August 4th

2. Woodstock

Love classic rock? Are you really into music from the 60s/70s? This special 50th anniversary will be one you NEED to go to.

MORE INFO

DATE: August 16 - August 18

3. Firefly

If you love EDM, I highly recommend this one.

MORE INFO

DATE: June 20 - June 23

4. Hot 97 Summer Jam

Who doesn't love a good festival with a little bit of gritty and naughtiness?

MORE INFO

DATE: TBA

5. Governors Ball

Everyone I know and their friends are planning to go to this one and I'm actually considering going as well. Does that convince you?

MORE INFO

DATE: May 31st - June 2nd

6. Summerfest

You can always have a good time in a festival that's named after the summer.

MORE INFO

DATE: June 26th - July 8th

7. Essence

You know when Oprah is there, the festival is fantastic.

MORE INFO

DATE: July 4th - July 7th

8. Ultra Miami

A great festival in one of the best cities in America? Yes please!

MORE INFO

DATE: March 29th - March 31st

Of course there are plenty more festivals that can compete with Coachella. The best advice i can give you is figure out which festival not only appeals you the most but gives you the best bang for your buck. Good luck!