Top 10 Disney Songs that Apply to College

What do Disney and college have to do with one another?

113
Disney

1. "On My Way"- Brother Bear

Going away to college our freshman year, we see nothing but endless possibilities. You made the decision to better yourself by getting a college degree. Most of us bragged about the early stages when we got accepted and the day we left home to start a whole new chapter of our lives.

2. "A Whole New World"- Aladdin

New place, new people, and you just want to experience everything. You try things that you haven’t ever thought you would do. Finally, you get to do what you want and when you want, for the most part. Nothing is stopping us, and it feels like every door is open for you to explore.

3. "Poor Unfortunate Souls"- The Little Mermaid

Remember when everything was new and you did everything you could. Well, now it has caught up with you. You suddenly realize that you are behind on your school work. The only things that are getting you through school is coffee and candy, not to mention you see student debt starting to build up.

4. "Go the Distance"- Hercules

First semester is coming to an end, and you lose faith in yourself, grades, and even the college itself. Many of us first-year students even question if this is the college for us, but we push through the semester somehow. You realize that you can’t stop when you have only just begun, so you keep going.

5. "Hakuna Matata"- The Lion King

Completing finals is the best feeling in the world. You officially do not have to worry about anything. You can kick back and watch all the Netflix you want. At least you get to take a break for a little bit, and hopefully this break refreshes you enough to go into the next semester.

6. "Let It Go"- Frozen

Do exactly what this song says. Seriously, there is no need to hold on to the bad grades, bad relationships, and things gone wrong. Play this song at the end of the year, and throw all your school work, papers, and unfinished projects into the air. College is tough, and that is an understatement. Things will get better, just give it time.

7. "Almost There" - The Princess and the Frog

When you are about ready to graduate, you think about how close you are. All of college has been preparing you to get your diploma, for you have been working yourself so hard. Won’t it all be worth it when you put on your cap and gown and officially have your degree.

8. "I'll Make a Man Out of You"- Mulan

Professors will test you. Test who you are, how smart you are, and how hard you are willing to work, but at the end of the day this builds character. If everything is handed to you then what does it truly mean? Work hard for your grades no matter the course or the professor, for even if you fail the class, you gave it your all.

9. " A Spoonful of Sugar"- Mary Poppins

Most college students tend to neglect their own mental, physical, and emotional needs. Take time for you! There will always be work you can do, but sometimes you need to set it aside and do something fun for yourself. Make a game of your homework.

10. "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"- Cinderella

Always listen to your heart. College is not just hard because of the classes, professors, and homework, but sometimes because of the life changing decisions you may have to make. At the end of the day, you have to do what is best for you. Being on your own is hard, but you can rely on loved ones to help guide you.