A Disease Called "Star Wars"

A Disease Called "Star Wars"

It's an actual disease, and if you come in contact with it, you're basically .....

4
A Disease Called "Star Wars"
Wikipedia

Ask me if I had a single idea about what Star Wars was until four days ago and I would've said "NOOOPE" in the most disgusting, emotionless and audacious manner possible. Ask me what Star Wars is right now and I will say "THE BEST THING EVER!" in a fairly high pitch if not a high volume. How did this happen? Well, I came in close contact with a Star Wars fan.

I could begin this story by saying how indifferent I was even with literally 12 people around me all the time who could go on and on and on about how much they love the franchisee and wanted me to be a part of this extravaganza. And this went on for a good year and a half and then what I feared happened. The new movie came out. I know I am a loser for not remembering the entire name of it and I just call it 'Part VII'. So Part VII happened and nothing was the same after that.

While one of my friends invited me to the first-day screening, one wanted me to join her for a marathon so I could get some knowledge about it and at one point I even had a little powerpoint presentation on my desktop that was sent to me from someone. I was at that point, too busy with my school work, personal life and a few other things that if you must know were 'college-ish'. And once that was dealt with and I was home for winter break, I did what I now regret. I saw the first movie. Part IV.

If you are a fan of Star Wars already, you should keep reading this because here is where the fun begins. And if you are not really a fan, still keep reading. It's funny. I promise.

Once I saw the movie, I was genuinely in a state of content that I had done one of the things I promised myself I would do during the break and I was happy. A few hours after the movie ended, I was at dinner with my family in one of the fancy places of the city and while everything was perfect on the exterior, my brain just kept asking me "What happens after?" and this was genuinely eating my brains out. At one point I am sure I was talking to myself. Yes, I also made references by quoting C3PO here and there. It was as if I was affected psychologically by a motion picture production and I wasn't a 100% myself for a brief moment. So after the wonderful social evening, the moment I got home, I went online seeking Part V and the rest my friend, is history. Never looked back.

What now is remarkable is how ahead of its time the movies were and still are and the love and hype aren't exaggerated. It is an honest emotion. Built upon the foundation of a great story to tell, a great story to listen, some great visuals to see and the exhibition of how powerful the power of imagination is. And it's not about who is a bigger fan or who gets how many people to join the community. It is about the love that a simple movie can get from people and how far it can go when it comes to affecting people's lives. Sheer joy and excitement. Something I haven't felt in a long while. I still haven't seen Part VII, but I will. Soon.

So if you are a great fan, here is my apology for having underestimated the greatness of the movie and no I am still of a die hard fan, but I can say that right now I appreciate the movie much greatly than I did before. And if you are not a big bad fan, no worries, join the club. Just be happy, be entertained with the movie and appreciate the fans.

Oh, and may the force be with you!