The Secret TO Discovering Who You Are And Your Purpose

The Secret To Discovering Who You Are And Your Purpose In Life

Stop living in the past and going through "what if" scenarios, it'll only make it harder.

50
Photo By Dana LeBron

I'll be the first one to say this: I feel lost. College is the time to discover who you are and discover your passions in life. But I can honestly say that now, going into my third year of college, I have no idea who I am and what my purpose is. And while I used to stress every single detail of my life, I am now starting to let go. I believe there is a reason for every decision that we make. And although we may make mistakes, we will learn from them in the future. And while I would love to know what the future held for me, there's no fun in knowing now. It's the journey that makes your life so much more enjoyable and cherished. Not knowing the future is scary, and you're not alone when you think that. You never know what life is going to throw at you. So yes, you may feel lost right now, but know that you'll discover who you are soon. There's no point in overthinking the "what-if" scenarios, it will only drive you crazy and distract you from living in the present.

I'm not writing this to scare people into thinking that I don't appreciate my life or feel sad. I'm writing this to the person out there that feels like I do, so you know you're not alone. Like you, I am trying to find my purpose in life and discover who I truly am. Through the up and downs of life and the various relationships throughout your life, it can be hard to see who you truly are. You may have people surrounding you that have it all figured out, and that's scary. But I want to let you know, your time will come. Patience is key. Just sit back and enjoy the journey of life.