Why I Disassociate With Politics
Politics

Why I Disassociate With Politics

Why my heart is broken for this country, and what we can do to fix it.

34
Why I Disassociate With Politics
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjptf20h_HOAhVGySYKHXccD8MQjB0IBg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.firstcovers.com%2Fuser%2F1669260%2Fno%2Bmore%2Bpolitics%2B...html&psig=AFQjCNFFI77A01HZB92qINQHqT91Vyd7sw&ust=1472918464316585

Now that its election year, many opinions are buzzing about politics and other controversial topics. Since this is the first election year where I have the right to vote, I've seen a lot of things I wouldn't typically notice. When you're in middle school, the political party your parents choose truly doesn't affect you. Since this will be my first time voting, I'd like to share with you what I've seen. And share with you the reason I choose not to involve myself with political opinion. (Ironically funny considering this is a article on the topic of politics.)

Lack of unity. Our country looks like a bunch of islands standing side by side. By islands, I mean people. Everyone is so concerned with their political opinions and affiliations, we choose to treat people as enemies if they disagree. Social media arguments are started, threats and arguments overwhelm every corner. Sadly "One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all" are words being forgotten by the people of this nation.

But he, knowing their thoughts, said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and a divided household falls Luke 11:17

Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude. Don’t repay evil for evil. Don’t retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will grant you his blessing. (1 peter 3:8-9)

Deciding what lives matter. I never thought growing up, there would be a day when there are protest to decide which lives matter. Deciding what people deserve to be treated "better". Hashtags about the value in "types" of people instead of people. It's so sad there has to be levels of human. I have chosen to ignore this completely. If we could decide to just stop fighting for groups of people and just start loving everyone we encounter, we wouldn't have to dictate who should be treated better. We'd all be treated the same, and be treated well for that matter. I wave and smile at whomever I see. White, Black, Asian, orange, purple, tall, short, small, big, smart, young and old. We all have the desire to be seen, and accepted. You'll see true respect when you treat others how you want to be treated, not demanding how you think you should be treated.

Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God. (Romans 15:7)

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. (Gen 1:27)

Attacks. Killing is now a word that rolls off the tongue from familiarity. We say "so and so was killed today" as if it is just the news. Just something we read. There are terrorist killing our people, and think they are doing whats right. Clubs being shot up because someone didn't like their identity. Since when did people just start killing people they don't agree with? We need to realize how tragic this is. Neighborhoods being burned to the ground, and people dying in vain. This should break our hearts, not be a conversation piece.

They will put you out of the synagogues. Indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God (John 16:12)

Lack of respect and patriotism. People are choosing to sit down during the National Anthem. Schools are sending home permission slips for saying the Pledge of Allegiance. Rights being taken. The citizens of this country are allowing the government to dictate what we can and cant do. Those against the right to bear arms, want that right to be null and void. If you don't like guns, it makes complete sense why you wouldn't want everyone having them. The issue with allowing these rights to be voided is the start to a domino effect of "deleting" other rights. If you disagree with the right to bear arms or the right of free speech, or any other rights for that matter, then don't participate. Just don't disrespect the nation that allows your freedom, because one day you wont be able to choose much of anything. The government will be deciding everything.

Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor. (1Peter 2:17)

I did not write this to be controversial or persuade people to believe what I do. I wrote this simply to say, this country needs to stand together and seek unity. This will no longer be the "Land of the free." Lets choose to stop playing politics, and choose to just Love each other for who we are. There will never be a "type" of people that everyone will vote on to be the best, in unison. So lets be who we were created to be, and love everyone for who they were created to be. We are capable of making GOOD changed to this world. We are capable to make this country, and the world AWESOME. So lets do it! I'm ready, are you?