Did Your Vote Ruin Our Country
Politics

Did Your Vote Ruin Our Country

I hope you made the right choice!

7
Did Your Vote Ruin Our Country
AP Photos/Charlie Neibergall

For months I've heard people say that they are tired of the 2016 presidential election, that they believe both candidates are horrible and they have lost faith in the American political system. These remarks confuse me on many levels, but the fact that people think that the Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are both terrible options is beyond ridiculous. I do believe that Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton have their flaws, but how can anyone in America believe that Trump's character is just as bad, or not as big of a deal when compared to Hillary's mistakes?

There are a lot of people that will vote for Trump because they have formed this ignorant sense of hate towards Hillary. Again, Hillary has made mistakes, but I do not see how her mistakes are in even in the same ballpark when compared to what Trump has said and done, and not just during the 2016 campaign; rather, his entire adulthood. I've heard it all over the past year and a half: Hillary is evil, she's the devil, and her mission is to destroy America. I can't believe the things Republicans make up to tarnish her reputation. I mean seriously, if Hillary wanted to ruin America, she's had thirty years to do it, and it would have happened already.

Conservatives had nothing to hold against Hillary, so what did they do? They falsely blamed her for the 2012 Benghazi attack, even though Republican leaders cut over 300 million dollars in funding for embassy security that year. There have been several investigations into that attack, the last one spanning over two years; yet, somehow Republicans haven't been able to point a single finger in her direction. And then we have the email controversy, even though Hillary handed over 50 thousand pages of emails. Republicans still believe that her missing emails are a universe-shifting, life ending plot, that Hillary conducted to control planet earth. Look, she came out and apologized, said it was a mistake, and that she won't let it happen again. Lesson learned so people should move on! These are the only two issues that Hillary Haters hang onto, and I hate to be a bubble buster, but if they had any evidence they would have charged and convicted her already.

Then we move on to Trump (not sure I have enough time or space to mention his failures) a man that has a laundry list of criminal business activities, who dehumanizes human beings along the way. Let's start with his racial profiling tactics. Trump's empire began during the 1970's, where he made sure his properties were never occupied by African American's. But racial profiling was just the tip of the iceberg. Trump verbally attacked women, whether it was an ex-wife, a beauty pageant contestant, a current news anchor, or a woman he previously sexually assaulted. And speaking of sexual assaulting, several women claim that he sexually assaulted them or walked in on them and inspected them during beauty pageants. Those claims are easy to prove since he can be heard on tape bragging about these incidents. But the most disturbing aspect of Trump's behavior is that he believes his fame and power allow him the ability to assault and bully people without consequence.

Trump has intimidated Republican officials, Democratic officials, judges, disabled reporters, and anyone else that disagrees with him. He's foul-mouthed and vulgar and speaks any insult that comes to his small mind. Add in bankrupting multiple companies, not paying companies for their work, not paying income taxes, running a fake charity, dodging the draft, and bragging about how he got out of serving his country. I have provided you with a list of just a few of Trump's flaws, and each one has had an adverse effect on both our society and economy. If you need more examples of why he shouldn't be President, you'll have to google them for yourself. However, on top of all Trump's appalling and atrocious behavior, the scariest reasoning may be the fact that he has shown little knowledge of American or foreign policies. And that, most importantly, could spell serious doom for our country.

I believe the case for voting against Trump has been made clear, and not just by me, or any other news outlet, but by Trump himself every time he opens his big mouth and speaks. So if you still feel the need to vote for Donald Trump, well, you can pat yourself on the back, because you may have just ruined our country. And if that was your intent, I salute you. You did a fabulous job!