Did We Forget to "Never Forget"?

Did We Forget to "Never Forget"?

Websites Will Come Back, 9/11 Victims Will Not

31
Did We Forget to "Never Forget"?

It's hard to fathom that 9/11/01 happened 15 years ago. For some people, it will be a day that will never be forgotten about. Some even call it the second pearl harbor. But, I feel like most people have forgotten just how bad 9/11 actually was.

On the 15th anniversary of the attacks, I saw on facebook that many people were posting about a website that went down and people were posting about how much life sucked when the site went down. I was flabbergasted and angry. I mean, a WEBSITE went down. That is little compared to what the victims and families went through that day, and continue to go through. How life was taken by such a terrible act of evil and destruction, and all you care about is some stupid website going down?

I mean, granted, I would be mad too. But when something as small as a website outage takes precedence over a major historical life changing event, that's when I start to get mad.

I read somewhere that freshmen in high school are learning about 9/11 as a historical event for the very first time. So, if it was them posting about something as small as a website being down, I would have more understanding as to why 9/11 may not be as relevant since they were babies or weren't even born yet.

But, no. I see people who are 25 years olf saying how much life sucks because of a freaking server outage, so they can't check their fantasy football scores, and how terrible and awful it is that the website went down.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Whole families were erased that day. Parents died. Children died. It seems like people are too wrapped up in nonsense to actually give a damn about a major life changing event such as 9/11. It's a sad reality.

I remember what it was like the weeks following the attacks. Everything changed. My parents were crying all the time and the news was filled with planes crashing into buildings, people screaming and people jumping to their deaths. Our foundation as Americans was shaken. We thought the seas could protect us, but that day proved that theory wrong.

I am not saying that each anniversary of 9/11 should be a day where we all are sad and stop the progress of our lives. But I think we should really think about what others are going through and be selfless just for one day. Remembering where we were that day and praying and remembering the people who were affected that day. We were all victims of the attacks in some way. Our innocence was taken. and to have a football take precedence over something like that royally pisses me off.

All I am asking is for respect. Respect 9/11. Respect how it changed not just our country but our world as a whole. Respect the victims who so terribly died that day. respect the brave heroes who went into those towers trying to save lives and never came out. Those are the real heroes, not some pumped up football players who receive 10 million dollars a year. Respect the 2,977 souls who aren't here on this earth anymore

May we never forget what happened that September day, 15 years ago.