What Would You Tell Your Younger Self?

What Would You Tell Your Younger Self?

If only we could go back in time.

60
What Would You Tell Your Younger Self?
Unsplash

Dear Younger Me,

Oh, how I wish I could tell you what I've learned thus far. If I could go back in time, I would save you from all of the pain. You live and you learn, life truly does go by in the blink of an eye. I would tell you that those mistakes you continously blame yourself for, they aren't your fault, some things just aren't within God's plan. It will all make sense to you one day. Dear younger me, please remember to never let someone have control over your happiness. Never allow yourself to feel dumb for loving someone with all of your heart, as I know you do. I promise, that's a gift, not a curse as you believe. Dear younger me, please always strive to do the best you can. You care SO much, and that's okay, it's better to care with everything you have than to not care at all. Don't let pain change your core, and don't try to strive for perfection, as you currently do. Perfection doesn't really exist, just strive to do YOUR best. Your best will be your perfection. Dear younger me, please try not to worry so much, worry will only hold you back from success. Dear younger me, no matter how much someone hurts you, remember to let it go, it'll be worth it in the end, I guarantee. Dear younger me, never give up, because the only thing worse than failure is never trying in the first place. Dear younger me, remember that material items will come and go, money will come and go, but the way you treat others will leave a mark that's never forgotten. Dear younger me, I wish I could save you from the pain that you'll endure, but you're stronger than you think. Don't forget your purpose, some people spend a life time trying to figure out what theirs is, but you already know. If you can make a difference in just one person's life then you've already fulfilled it. Dear younger me, remember that everyone is fighting a battle you may not know, so don't forget that you have to be strong, you never know who your strength is helping. God knows just how much you can handle, and he won't give you any more than that. Dear younger me, MOST importantly, don't ever forget who YOU are. "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." -Mahatma Gandhi