A Diamond In the Rough

A Diamond In the Rough

Reason Why I'm Thank For You

2
A Diamond In the Rough

I normally don’t write this kind of mushy stuff but sitting here with you makes me realize all the reasons why I'm thankful for you. 11 months ago when we met upon stricken faith you were broken hearted over an ex and I was hopelessly falling into depression again. At the time it was nice for both of us to find someone to just talk to about everything. But then as time went on it went from just talking to someone, to needing you around.

Before you, I didn’t know the first thing about being in a relationship. I also didn’t know how to love myself or for that matter love others. I was burned badly in my past just like you and I was trying to pick up the pieces. You helped me even though you barely knew me at the time and you told me it was all going to be alright. I’m thankful for that. I’m thankful for the countless times you waited patiently as I couldn’t decide where to eat. I’m thankful for every moment you had to take a step back because I was overthinking every situation. I’m thankful that even though distance is hard on us most times, you stuck through it with me. 11 months ago, I never would’ve thought I’d be standing here today 10 months into our relationship now.

As cheesy as this is, sometimes finding a diamond in the rough really works. Together we picked ourselves up and made each other better people, we grew to love each other and continue to fight even if the distance is hard. Sometimes when all odds are against you, you fight harder for what you want and love. I’m only 19 so I don’t know where the future is going to take us with college and on, but I do know right here standing with you the view is pretty damn great.