Despite The Fear
Politics

Despite The Fear

My friends, the next president of the United States has been chosen. I am scared, but that will not stop me, what about you?

12
Despite The Fear
Azera

I am scared. I am deer in headlights waiting for the car to hit terrified. I saw the numbers and for so long did not comprehend. Felt as if a dream, I would wake and all would pass. But I know better.

I am scared. I am scared for my friends, my family, the hundred thousands millions I do not know. Lastly I am scared for me. It does not feel real to say, so I will write.

It is as if humanity does not learn, we take away rights just like last time. Wait for the generation before to become senile or dead, then do everything all over again.

The numbers poured in before the shock, my roommates and I watched the polls watched the clock. Prepared for history, laughing at the idea it might not go our way. And now we fear being taken away.

Divided along the lines those in power make us see, we have to again play this part in history. If we do not take a stand, what is to stop it from happening again?

My grandfather grew up in Germany, a jewish boy in Berlin. It starts with identification, after that, what then?

We stop people from coming in. Turn our eyes inward, ignore the cries from out. Lose our humanity as we turn blind, because somehow men can be greater than men.

Because somehow men hold the power to hurt women. And we see nothing wrong with that.

My friends, as the numbers rolled, sent messages, jokes if you will.

"See you all in conversion therapy."

"I'll be in Canada."

Status Update: going away.

But now, now these jokes are all too real.

Our country has spoken and they deem us false. False for not believing as they do. False for having the wrong colored skin. False for worshipping the wrong god. False for living life in a way they deem wrong, because we are happy.

It is a stab in the chest to hear so many people think in a way of hate. It is one thing to think it another to hear. And I have to ask, are we really doing this again?

I am scared. Bloody petrified shaking in my boots as I stand like stone scared. I don't have the words to explain this pit in my stomach. I recall the posts, the country is over, this is how Rome fell, goodbye my friends.

I have to admit that seeing the bright side to this is getting harder as the hours pass.

But then I remember. Remember the second wave, as those stronger overcame the fears they had.

So soon after, though the fear has not disappeared. Messages of hope began to appear.

"I will not back down."

"I am with you."

"I love you."

And read these messages scraps of sanity in a world gone mad. A world against those who have so long struggled for light. And reminded to fight the good fight. This is not the end.

This is not the end. My friends, it seems history would like a repeat. Do not let it. The only action against tyranny that holds a negative reaction is that of inaction. So yes things seem bad, and we are scared, but hold fast. We have fought battles and wars before, we can fight this to. Stop history from hitting rewind. Remember we have hope.

Remember we have hope, that we are not alone. Together we stand united, together we cannot be broken down.

It is a hard fight ahead, we only have hope to light our stead. But hope will do because in the kingdom of darkness the one with the candle rules. And my friends, though I may not know you I stand with you. I lend you my light.

We will not go at this alone.

I am scared. No joke, insanely terrified. But I will not give up my hope. I hope you do not either. Now things are dark but eventually we will bring light. I hope then to see you all by my side.

Do not give up. Together we can fight. Audeamus. Let us dare, let us dare to live. Let us dare to fight another day and the bring the light.