Worst of Me vs. Best of Me?
Health Wellness

Worst Of Me vs. Best Of Me— Is it Equal?

If you can't handle me at my worst, then why do you deserve me at my best?

559
Personal Photo

I am human, much like the majority of those who will read this article.

And if you are not human and reading this article, well there is a much bigger problem than the one I am discussing. Anyhow, by saying I am human, I am accepting that I am not perfect. I come with both a wonderful side to me, known as the good; but also a bad side to me, known as the worst. But the true question is: Do these two equal themselves out?

Let's look at this like we would look at the making of a cupcake. First, you start with the batter, which in this case is the worst part of me. It is the foundation of who I am and how others can see me when I am down or lost in translation.

I am someone who suffers from both anxiety and depression. Yes, I have days where it is a struggle to even leave my bed and I argue with my inner thoughts over the stupidest things. But this is something that if you are around me, you will need to understand and deal with. I will tell you a million times over the phone asking you, but mainly myself, why am I like this or why do I want to be left alone but still have someone there for me. That is just a part of who I am. Something, at one point or another, made me develop these mental illnesses and decided they would soon become a part of my everyday life.

And now for the best part of the cupcake, the frosting. This is the good things such as my desire to be a Primary or Elementary School teacher and the moments where I can sit there and tell you why I am doing something and show my true passion. I am at Shippensburg for my education. I am at Shippensburg for my desire to be a teacher. But these days are also rare because of my worst part of me. But I am able to fight through the bad days and cherish the good days.

I guess the point of this article is to ask: If you can't handle me at my worst, what makes you think you deserve me at my best?

For someone to come into my life, they need to understand they are going to get the good and the bad with me and also understand that I can't always know when a bad day will come. Some mornings, I wake up and from that moment, I know it is going to be a rough day. But other times, it will appear out of nowhere and I will suddenly change my mood or demeanor. I don't do it on purpose and no, I can't control it. I can do things to help monitor them like medications and placing myself in mental happy places to slow my thoughts down.

For me, I want someone who will understand they aren't always going to get the happy go lucky girl, but you also won't always get the sad and depressed girl either.

What you will get instead is a girl who is a human and isn't perfect. But that's okay with me. It shows I have emotions and can deal with my own problems. So for me, the good and the bad are equal because nobody is perfect and we all have a negative feature to us, whether it be mental, physical, or emotional. But without that negative feature, we wouldn't be the person we are now. We wouldn't have trust issues or wanting an abundance of love and compassion. And yes, I know some may be thinking, I want that.

But honestly, if you didn't have those qualities about you, would you still even be the same person you are right now?