What Is Love?

What Is Love?

Is love an open door or something more?
716

Love is an amazing thing. Everyone can relate to it, whether they love something or they are in love with someone. As a hopeless romantic, I love romantic comedies and other books and movies that deal with love and all the romantic sappy stuff.There are tons of movies, books, poems, artwork, and songs that talk about love because everyone can relate to the feeling. One of my favorite quotes about love is actually from the Bible- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a to be exact; "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs." I think that this one of the best ways of describing love because love can be difficult to define because there are so many versions of it. Love can be of an object or idea, family, friends, pets, significant other, or something else.

So the question is, what is love? When you ask that question, some people will reply with "baby don't hurt me no more", a lyric from Haddaway's What is Love. I feel like it can be a difficult feeling to really describe, but actions can help express what love is. Just by watching the people around you can give insight to what love is about, whether it's watching your parents, family, friends, or strangers. I feel like it's the little things that mean the most to people because they see that their person understands and knows them. It can be anything from wearing a certain shirt because you know that your person loves how that shirt looks on you, knowing what their favorite superhero is, what side of the bed they like to sleep on, to knowing when they just need to be hugged.I want to be able to go on adventure and do random silly things like just driving somewhere because they have great chocolate chip pancakes, having a late night dance party or watch random documentaries about things we're passionate about on Netflix.

The great part about love is that it can happen to anyone at any point in life, often it comes unexpectedly. With that, it could also mean you waiting longer than you expected to find love. Don't settle for love. A great, real love is worth waiting for and will be worth every minute of heartbreak or loneliness that you have felt. I personally have never been in love, I thought I might of once or twice, but I'm still waiting on that day that I find my person. In the mean time, the only thing I can do is work on myself and enjoy the life that I have been given, knowing that one day I will find what countless movies, songs, books, and people talk about.