Demi Lovato's Engagement Is Proof You Can Find Your Forever Love Once You Can Truly Say 'I Love Me'

Once Demi started to love herself, she was finally able to find her forever love.

6262

Demi Lovato is officially ENGAGED to Max Ehrich, and the world couldn't be more excited or happy for her!

But what makes this engagement even more beautiful is that we all can see Demi finally has an overflowing love for herself, just like she does for her fiancee.

Demi has been open in the past about her struggles with loving herself for who she is, and it was always so heartbreaking to me. As a kid who grew up watching "Camp Rock" and "Sonny with a Chance," I just wanted Demi to see herself as the superstar she is, as the person who changed so many lives and brought so many smiles to people's faces. But for a long time, Demi struggled to see the wonder and beauty in herself that we all saw in her.

For years, she was in an on-again, off-again relationship with herself. Her songs like "Confident," "La La Land," and "Really Don't Care" showed the parts of her self-love journey when she did love herself wholeheartedly. But like many people who struggle to love themselves, it's so easy to fall away from those good moments, for the self-love to vanish from your life as fast as it had come.

As I got older, I realized that Demi's struggle to love herself was something a lot of people struggle with each and every day. Including myself. It's hard to look in the mirror every day, and feel differently about your appearance, your intelligence, your personality. It's hard to see yourself differently in the morning and at night. It's hard to look in the mirror, and not have any love for what you see. It takes a toll on you, and I can't imagine what that's like for someone in the spotlight like herself.

As I became more self-aware about my own self-love struggles, I realized just how hard it makes life, particularly finding relationships. It can be absolutely heartbreaking.

It's one thing for a boy to break your heart, but what about breaking your own heart? You can't exactly ghost yourself...

In order to fall in love with someone else, you must love yourself first. You have to respect yourself so that you know what you deserve in a relationship. You have to love yourself so that you know how to be loved. But most importantly, if you don't have enough room in your heart to love yourself, how can you love anyone else?

Well, Demi conquered this self-love journey, and inspired me — and so many others — to strive to do the same.

Her love for herself radiates off of her now. She accepts herself, respects herself, and loves who she is through and through. She shouted it out to the world, from the social media rooftops, that she is perfect the way she is (as everyone should do!). She transformed her outlook and inspired the world.

And after all of this, she was able to find the man of her dreams. She proved to us all that once you love yourself wholeheartedly, you'll be the very best version of yourself in a relationship and you'll attract the very best version of love into your life. The kind of love everyone deserves. The kind of love that is meant to last forever.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.