Demarcus Cousins and his Impending Return

We are now at the halfway mark of the 2018-19 NBA season, and it is safe to say that a lot has happened since October. James Harden is putting up unbelievable numbers for the Houston Rockets and willing them to victory, the Milwaukee Bucks are first place in the Eastern Conference and look to be a serious championship contender, and LeBron James, considered to be the face of the NBA, is rehabilitating from a groin injury he received in a game on Christmas Day. The races for both the Eastern and Western Conferences are both shaping up to be extremely interesting, but there is one storyline that must not be ignored: the return of Demarcus Cousins.

The Golden State Warriors have been absolutely stacked with talent ever since 2015, and it has only multiplied and led to three NBA championships in the past four seasons and the establishment of a dynasty. However, the Warriors added All-Star center Demarcus Cousins, who is coming off a severe Achilles injury from last postseason, to their roster in last summer's free agency, giving the team a starting lineup of five former All-Stars. Yes, FIVE.

Golden State head coach Steve Kerr has stated that Cousins will immediately start upon his return to the court, which is likely to be on Jan. 18 when the Warriors play the Los Angeles Clippers.

Despite the panic from NBA fans outside of Golden State's circle, there is no telling what will happen when Cousins returns to action. An Achilles injury is serious and could hamper Cousins for the rest of his career. He could also falter in their system; there is such a thing as "too much talent on one team" that could derail them. The Warriors have looked strong as usual, but also vulnerable; the team compiled a 27-14 record through the first half of their season and second place in the Western Conference behind the surprising 28-12 Denver Nuggets.

Regardless of what the future may hold, all eyes in the NBA are on Cousins and his impending return.