People Are Mad Over Delta's Cute, Harmless Little Napkins, No Wonder Love Is Dead In 2019

Cute, harmless napkins...no wonder love is dying in 2019

27

With Valentine's Day approaching fast, Coca-Cola and Delta teamed up for a marketing campaign. They passed out napkins encouraging passengers to swap numbers with their "plane crush."

A simple way of saying, "hey, you're on a plane with a bunch of people you don't know and that don't know you. Why don't you take a shot? You never know, you're one true love could be on this very plane! And if not, you'll never see them again anyway!"

Or, at least that's how they intended.

The majority of people, on the other hand, are not so pleased. Some people are saying the napkins are a form of harassment and that it's just downright creepy. While I could see some people's reasoning behind it being a little creepy, it's far from being anywhere close to harassment.

The goal of the napkins was to get people to break from their comfort zone.

Most of our dating lives are hookup centric and revolve around swiping left or right. The napkins were just a cute, innocent way to break the ice IRL without any dating apps.

I can't imagine why a cute little napkin would have so many people in an uproar.

I can understand where some could get that as creepy, but it's entirely harmless. The person is giving you their name and number. They aren't requesting yours. They aren't making you give your number out to strangers on a plane. All they're doing is trying to encourage people to jump out of their comfort zone and take a risk.

Many people are so scared to date in this day and age that they've lost all hope in trying. This napkin was a way to encourage them that, while you may not always get a call back, you won't know if you don't try.

The ones that are finding it as a form of harassment...what makes it that way? Because someone finds you attractive and would like to get to know you?

This is why dating is starting to die away. People are scared of taking the risk of talking to someone they don't know, in fear that they will get falsely accused of harassing someone when they just want to get to know them.

It's one thing to be hesitant in this day and age about grand gestures to ask people out, but in some ways, it's also keeping us from finding the love we deserve.

Even if you aren't interested, the worst that happens is you either tell them you aren't interested to their face or you just say thank you, and throw away the number and you never see them again—you are on a plane after all.

Someone trying to give you their number is in no way shape or form a sign of harassment. If they are consistently throughout the entire flight poking you, trying to get your number, asking multiple times, etc. THAT is harassment.

Dating isn't going to survive if we don't start taking risks in life. Delta and Coca-Cola didn't do anything wrong and they should definitely NOT apologize for trying to be a little helpful in people meeting one another.

If you find offensiveness in Delta and Coca-Cola's cute napkins, you may be part of the problem.