Delete The Dating Apps And Go Find Your Person

Asking someone out in person shows courage and that's hot.

157
Asking someone put in person shows courage

The "old fashion" way of finding a soulmate has changed a lot since the birth of the internet. Dating websites and apps are a trend that has been going on since the late '90s and it doesn't look like the world will stop using them anytime soon, but maybe they should.

There are pros and cons when it comes to dating sites and apps, as there are with most things. Finding someone online is much less work than going out day and night trying to find someone you are attracted to, then summoning the courage to start up a conversation.

So why not just talk to them online where rejection is much easier to handle?

Although it might seem easier to find the perfect match through technology, there are a lot of bad things that go along with dating sites and apps.

A big problem with online dating is that not everyone is what they seem to be on a screen. It is much easier to lie and pretend to be someone their not online than it is in person. It is hard to tell when meeting someone online if a relationship would work with them in reality.

People might have the same exact interests on their profiles and are both attracted to each other, but there is one very important thing that no online device can calculate, and that is a spark. People only really know if they have a connection with someone when they meet in person.

Being able to talk to someone in person and really knowing if you could see yourself with them is something online dating can't capture.

Online dating has also made dating a lazy act. Why go out and meet new people when they can just stroll through their phone and pick the person right for them? Asking someone out in person shows courage and it forces people better communication skills, something this generation is lacking thanks to the internet.

Dating sites and apps might not be the best way to see if two people are meant to be, but there are quite a few love stories that begin with an online dating tool.

The good thing about these platforms is that the people on them are looking for other people who want to go on dates, and dates can lead to relationships other than romantic ones. Forming friendships with people met on online dating can lead to meeting more people which can lead to other possible relationships.

It is just important to use these sites carefully and maybe have a friend drop you off on the first date, just to make sure the person you are meeting isn't insane.

Most of all, don't stress about finding someone as fast as you can. They say you usually find what you're looking for when you stop looking. So just go out and do things that make you happy and you will find someone when you are meant to.

From Your Site Articles