A Definitive Ranking Of Perry's Ice Cream Flavors

Don't know what ice cream to go and buy? Here is a guide to 35 of the best and worst Perry's flavors.

6374
A Hen's Nest

I would consider myself an expert on Perry's ice cream. I live right down the street from the one and only Perry's factory, and I grew up in the town that gets to claim this wonderful ice cream factory. Here is a ranking of what I think to be the 35 best and worst Perry's ice cream flavors.

35. Cotton Candy

This may be a personal issue, but I hate all things cotton candy flavored, including cotton candy. Save yourself the money and skip out on this flavor.

34. Superhero

The only reason this flavor ranked above cotton candy is because cotton candy isn't the only flavor in this ice cream. There is nothing heroic about this ice cream and I still regret consuming it.

33. Hot Fudge Sundae

It's not that this flavor of ice cream is particularly bad, it's just that it is a flawed concept. You are supposed to make a hot fudge sundae out of ice cream. And the fudge is supposed to be hot, not still frozen. I would recommend just buying your favorite flavor and making a sundae with that.

32. Bubblegum

Why would you want your ice cream to taste like bubble gum? I don't see the point in this ice cream, and I definitely do not like it.

31. Very Cherry

I love cherries, but I hate cherry flavored foods. They can never quite get the flavor right. The added chocolate chips make this flavor a big miss for me.

30. Banana Cream Pie

Can we all agree to stop making banana flavored things? It just doesn't work out.

29. German Chocolate Cake

For some reason, this flavor does not translate well into ice cream. Just eat some actual German chocolate cake instead.

28. Red Velvet

Just like German chocolate cake, this flavor is best consumed in it's original cake form.

27. Parkerhouse

While this ice cream is still cherry based, it is definitely better than Very Cherry... but you can still find much better flavors. This one just isn't worth it.

26. Cinnamon Bun

I personally recommend eating a warm cinnamon bun with a side of vanilla ice cream instead of the Cinnamon Bun flavored ice cream.

25. Movie Time

Popcorn flavored ice cream sounds like it would be a huge miss but it isn't terrible. That being said, there are many other flavors that I would rather eat instead.

24. Orange Pineapple

The pineapple flavor doesn't balance with the orange flavor as well as I would have hoped with this one. I recommend buying some Orange Sherbet and adding fresh pineapple to it.

23. Cannoli

I love the concept of this ice cream. Who doesn't love a good cannoli? The result falls a little short, though-- this ice cream tastes more like a tangy vanilla with some chocolate chips in it.

22. Kahlua Almond Amaretto

This flavor has just a little bit too much going on. It would be much better if it were just Kahlua or just Amaretto.

21. All American

Finally, an ice cream that incorporates cherries correctly. The cherry flavor is nicely balanced here, making the All American ice cream an okay choice if it's all you have.

20. French Vanilla

Better than regular vanilla, but still just kind of "meh." Perry's has plenty of flavors with a lot more excitement than vanilla.

19. Queen of Hearts

This rich flavor nicely balances rich chocolate and delicate raspberry. That being said, I don't love mixing my chocolate with fruity flavors.

18. Oregon Blackberry Cheesecake

This flavor tastes like summer. The blackberry flavor overpowers the cheesecake flavor in this ice cream, but that isn't really a problem here.

17. Key Lime Pie

I still prefer actual key lime pie over this ice cream, but Perry's does a nice job of making an ice cream that really does taste like the pie.

18. Piece of Cake

Once again, I would rather eat a slice of cake with my favorite ice cream, but this definitely tastes just like a nice slice of cake.

17. Neapolitan

This flavor is great because sometimes you can't decide if you want chocolate, vanilla or strawberry. Just don't be that person that takes all of one flavor and doesn't touch the other two. That makes you the worst kind of person.

16. Sponge Candy

Sponge Candy ice cream is Buffalo in a cone. We love our sponge candy, and this ,ice cream does not disappoint.

15. Chocolate

Perry's chocolate ice cream is always a solid choice, but there is so much more that can be done with it. You can't go wrong with the classic chocolate but you can always do better.

14. Fireball

This flavor packs a serious cinnamon punch! Eat it with some hot fudge and your life will never be the same.

13. Pistachio Nut

My dad told me this story that when he was a kid, he thought he was ordering mint chocolate chip ice cream- his favorite- but instead he got pistachio ice cream. Ever since, he has hated pistachio ice cream. I would have to disagree with him though. This classic flavor is the perfect amount of sweetness and pistachio flavor.

12. Birthday Bash

The bright blue hue of this ice cream will make you feel like a kid again. Enjoy it any time of the year, not just on your birthday!

11. Dark Chocolate

Just like chocolate ice cream, only better. The added richness of this flavor moves it to a higher ranking.

10. Panda Paws

You can never go wrong with the combination of rich fudge swirls and peanut butter cups. I will never turn down this ice cream.

9. Brownie Blitz

It's like a brownie sundae that you didn't need to bake brownies for. Perfect for watching football on a Sunday or sitting in the park in the summer.

8. Bittersweet Sinphony

Coffee and chocolate? Count me in. Bittersweet Sinphony has always been one of my favorite flavors that Perry's makes.

7. Mint-Ting-A-Ling

Just like my father, I love mint chocolate chip ice cream. This takes mint chocolate chip one step further with the addition of "Swiss chips". This flavor will never fail you.

6. Cookie Dough

Remember when your mom yelled at you for eating raw cookie dough? Now you can enjoy eating cookie dough without all the guilt.

5. Toffee Coffee

The cappuccino flavored ice cream brings some serious flavor. The almond toffee pieces provide a nice crunch. Spoil yourself with this flavor!

4. Death by Chocolate

What a way to go. But seriously, this flavor is perfect for any chocolate lover (which I definitely am). Bring on the chocolate!

3. White Lightning

This combines my two favorite flavors: dark chocolate and mint. This flavor is rich and delicious.

2. Cookies and Cream

This classic flavor can do no wrong. Get it in a cone, use it in a sundae or eat it straight from the carton.

1. Chocolate Panda Paws

Panda Paws is already a great flavor, but change the vanilla ice cream to chocolate and you have Perry's all time best ice cream flavor. I would eat this ice cream every day if I could.