Deep Feelings: A Blessing And A Curse

Deep Feelings: A Blessing And A Curse

The highs are high. The lows are rock bottom.

128
Deep Feelings: A Blessing And A Curse
ThoughtCatalog

Feelings have become seriously taboo.

It may stem from the constant accusations that women, liberals, and millennials are all way too "sensitive." Maybe it’s because men aren’t supposed to show feelings at all. Or perhaps everyone is afraid of feeling something that will end up hurting them.

No matter the reason, talking about the way you feel is continuously becoming less accepted and more demonized.

In this type of environment, it can be difficult to accept that you may feel things more deeply than others.

Getting asked questions like, “Why are you so sensitive?” or “Are you seriously crying?” has made it difficult to come to terms with the fact that I feel things differently than many of my friends and family members.

While feeling things differently isn’t a bad thing, feeling things so deeply can be difficult at times. But on the other hand, it may be the best thing about you.

Some of the worst things about feeling things this way are often out shadowed by the positive aspects, and vice versa. Here are some experiences you may find yourself relating to if you have the blessing or the curse.

It is easy to be too trusting of other people, but it could lead to the most amazing experiences.

There are so many people suffering in the world, and if something can be done to help them, you will do it. This can certainly bite you in the butt sometimes, but that doesn’t change things.

It’s easy to feel the emotions of other people - all of them.

When other people feel happy, it’s amazing to soak in their joy. But happiness isn’t the only emotion. Feeling other people’s pain is an inevitable part of the process.

People who feel things deeply are much more likely to suffer from depression. In a world filled with pain, it can be difficult to keep a positive attitude for any person. When your feelings and emotions are heightened, it can feel impossible to rise from the ashes.

Crying is a frequent occurrence.

This can be interpreted as a blessing or a curse. Sometimes it can be difficult to not have control over emotions, but it can also be liberating to be able to express emotions freely.

Big hearts break more easily.

Having a big, open heart makes it easy to allow people into your life, but the more people you allow into your life, the more likely it is that someone will leave it broken.

Channeling emotions can be difficult, but when you do, amazing things can happen.

Uncontrolled feelings can lead to feelings of hopelessness and confusion, but once you learn how to effectively manage them, you will likely be more compassionate, loving, and more empathetic than ever before.

Though feeling so deeply can make things complicated, there are two sides to every coin. I will not let my feelings, or anyone else’s, be a topic that is off limits.