Decoration Inspiration For The New Semester

Welcome in the new semester with a brand new look.

7
homemydesign.com

The start of a new semester is only a few days away. A new semester means a fresh start, so why not switch up your living space? Maybe it was a job rejection or a bad breakup or anything, but the point is there is some negative energy in your room. Change your setup and decor and change your perspective. Think of it as the home version of a new haircut.

Create your own corner of the universe. Working with limited space in campus housing, mine is my bed. I load it up with cozy blankets and fluffy pillows. Make it a place of comfort and solace.

Whether you choose to DIY or buy from the store, an inspiring canvas can make all the difference. Pick up a canvas, pick a quote, slap some paint on the canvas, and command strip like you never have before. Then, voila. You have a wall of inspiration each and every day.

Organize, personal, and make your desk a power station. Dorm desks are notorious for being old, wooden, and ugly. You have a fresh canvas to work with! I like to keep my own desk full of positivity. I pin up pictures, memorabilia, and anything that will give me energy when I'm deep into studying.

Light it up! There are so many options for lights! Choose your favorite, and string those beauties all over the room. It will give the room a nice glowing alternative from florescent lights.

Make it your own. Get rid of old decor that holds bad memories and that you've simply grown out of. Bring pieces of your personality into the room. Big or small, gorgeous or shabby, this is home for the next few months so you should be comfortable!

If you're seeking more dorm inspiration, take to Pinterest for the best decorating tips and DIY projects.