Dear Sun: Please Come Back

Dear Sun: Please Come Back

It seems like we've been stuck in a forever winter.

553
Dear Sun: Please Come Back
Unsplash

Dear Sun,

I’m writing to you because I miss you. I miss the warmth you give. I miss the way you make a Monday seem less like a Monday. I miss how happy you make people.

I want you to come back. Did I do something wrong? I know we had a great time together when I was living in Florida. You would stay up all day and watch over all of the great adventures I had. You didn’t even give me a sunburn, which was honestly quite surprising, since it seems like you’ve given me at least one for every summer I’ve experienced.

Are you staying away because you’re jealous? Yes, I wrote a letter to snow when I was enjoying my time with you in Florida. I even told the snow that I missed it. I’m going to be honest with you: I’m starting to think that was a mistake. Since I’ve been back in New York it seems to have done nothing but snow, and you’ve been almost completely absent from my life.

So here I am, writing you a letter, begging you to please come back. I can’t take much more of the snow anymore. I’m starting to think that we’re stuck in an eternal winter in which I will never be able to wear my fun warm weather clothes. I want to feel your light on my face again. Heck, even though it’s annoying, I would love to be blinded by you as I leave my house in the morning and drive to work. At least then I would know that you’re there.

What do you say? Think you’re willing to give it another chance?

Love,

A Girl Stuck In Winter