Dear President-Elect Trump
Politics

Dear President-Elect Trump

Warning: this article contains heavy amounts of sarcasm.

5
Dear President-Elect Trump
wonderopolis.org

Congratulations! You have officially been elected to the most powerful position in the world. You must be very honored. I wonder if you were surprised. I know I would be if I got a job that I don't have experience for. But then again, as a woman I get passed up for jobs that I am more than qualified for simply because I don't have a penis. I guess I should just learn my place and be grateful that I at least have control over my own body. But wait... I heard you're trying to change that too. Hmmm...I guess I don't have much to look forward to while you're in office.

At least I can still be happy that America is still an open and accepting country. I'm sure the LGBTQ community has nothing to worry about as long as they don't care about their basic human rights. After all, your VP Mike Pence is very openly homophobic and has stated that he wants to ban same-sex marriage.

Hey, at least people everywhere can still come to America and chase the "American Dream." I'm sure Muslims have nothing to worry about with this whole Muslim database/registry idea being tossed around. I think that's what Hitler made the Jews do at the start of the Holocaust but the Jews probably just overreacted during that whole situation.

I would touch on why the black community should be happy you're in office but that would require a whole other letter that I just don't have time to write at this moment. I guess I'll just quote what you said, "what have you got to lose?" I mean, they might lose any respect that they have gained over the years or possibly their lives due to the government and white supremacy dehumanizing them but that's a small price to pay to make America white again... ooops! I mean great again.

Speaking of making America great again, what time period were you thinking of? When Columbus "found" America? Well, no, because he and other explorers and settlers basically killed almost all of the Native Americans. What about when the Founding Fathers were around? That can't be right because slavery still existed. Maybe after slavery was abolished? I guess not because Jim Crow Laws were put in place. Then we have the Great Depression, which was the last time republicans ran every aspect of the government, WWI, WWII, the Vietnam War, the Civil Rights Movement were African-Americans actually had to let America know that they were humans that deserved basic rights, mass incarceration of minorities that destroyed countless families, and good Lord don't even get me started on the Bush Administration. So when was America really all that great? Please let me know because clearly I'm missing something.

But hey congrats, really, I wish you the best. With any luck, America won't go decades backwards.