Dear Someone I Knew

Dear Someone I Knew

Should an old acquaintance be forgotten? Absolutely not.

16
Dear Someone I Knew

Dear Someone I Knew,

I didn't know what to call you since we were never close enough to call each other "friends," but we weren't complete strangers either. I decided to refer you as "someone I knew" because, if you hear my name somewhere, you would say, "Yeah, I know her," rather than, "Yeah, she's my friend!" If you think that this letter cannot be about you because I haven't spoken to you in five years or we have never had a real conversation before, you are wrong. I am writing to you.

In our lives, we have so many chances to appreciate someone who we know well. We have Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's Day, etc., but we don't really get the chance to appreciate people who aren't really close to us. When you order five chicken tenders but find six of them on your plate, when you find beautiful flowers on the side of the street, or when you've walked out of the house just in time to see a gorgeous sunset, sometimes you probably wouldn't even notice.

However, if you pay attention to the little things that happiness, your life becomes much happier! It's the little things in life that make life much better and you are the sixth chicken tender, the beautiful flower on the side of the street, or that gorgeous sunset that make me happy. I wanted you to know that I am very glad that I met you.

I have never forgotten the little things that you did that made me smile. I remember the time when you asked me to be your partner because I didn't know anyone in gym class, the time when you helped me in math class when I was having a difficult time understanding, the time when you carried me out of woods when you saw me with a sprained ankle, the time when you came up to me to tell me that I sounded good on my solo, the time when you helped me carry a saxophone upstairs, or the time when you randomly gave me a bag of chips.

Maybe you don't even remember that you did it, but it meant so much for me and I remember them all. Your kindness didn't just make me happy, but it also taught me about how important small things can be and inspired me to be a better and nicer person.

I might not know you well at all, but I think that you are wonderful. You might think that I would never think of you, but I like you a lot and always wish you the best. Whenever I hear something good about you or see your post on Facebook I get a little excited.

When I hear bad news my heart aches for you. I hope that you don't think that I'm creepy when I like your photo or comment on your post. If you ever feel like you are lonely or bored, you can always message me. I would be so happy to hear from you.

It has been so nice to know you. Because we both have such different lives we probably won't see each other in 2016, but I hope that it will be a wonderful year that a wonderful person like you deserves.

Sincerely,

Someone you knew