Dear New President

Dear New President

Drop the BS and be true.
9

Dear New President,

Come take a walk with me through the park. Let's pretend we're just two people and you’re not better than me. Let's get some coffee with scones on the way there.

I have some questions I want to ask you, if we can speak honestly. Be true for once. What do you feel when you see college graduates struggling to pay off their enormous debt from trying to better themselves? Who are you praying for before you lay yourself at night? When you look at yourself in the mirror are you proud of yourself? Are you proud of America? Put yourself in the shoes of a young child who is orphaned because their undocumented parents’ are deported back to Latin America. How would you feel if that was you?

Dear New President, do you really think that all Mexicans or Latinos in general for that matter are drug dealers and rapists? Are you that uneducated or do you just want to get a rise out of everyone? Do you really think that all African Americans live in poverty and have no jobs and no good schools? What if I was to tell you that I grew up in a middle-class suburban neighborhood with a single mom who worked endless hours as a CO at Rikers? What if I was to tell you that most of my fellow black family members and family friends are employed and have been for years. What if I was to tell you I have acquaintances who are immigrants or just Latino and are making top honors at colleges hoping to change the world one day?

What kind of president in the 21st century would have so much hate for a religious group that they would want to completely remove them from this country? Yes 9/11 was sad. Yes every al-qaeda and ISIS attack is sad. But every Muslim does not think like that–that is no excuse for exile. Your community–Caucasians–have wronged black people many times, but we all don’t persecute an entire community. How can you preach to America that you, a straight man, will dictate women’s rights or LGBT rights? How do you sleep telling America that you can grab women by their genitals without permission because of who you are? How do you walk in the public after saying you would sleep with your daughter? What was going through your head when you mocked a reporter that has a dis-ab-ility? Honestly who raised you because that is no way to live. Can you look me in the eye and say whether you can keep your head held high? Because I doubt so.

Ask yourself this question New President. If Barack Obama was white and accomplished some of the things he did, would you question his citizenship and put him down?

New President. You say that you want to “Make America Great Again.” Define great. Please because I really don’t know when America was great. Also tell me, were you lonely as a child or did you always live in a box? Do you think Chicago is the only city with high crime and issues in the African American community? If one of your children was killed as a result of police brutality would you finally sympathize with the #BlackLivesMatter movement? Do you have a strategy to tackle America’s issues? Because we’re a lot more than just a business entity. Will your 10-year-old son grow up to be a bigot like you? Are you proud that our new “First Lady” has done adult modeling? Do you think that you’re a good influence on you older kids like Eric or Donald Jr? You want to build a wall between here and Mexico that the latter will fund. I don’t think that will go well, all you’re doing is paving the country’s road to hell.

You said, “Life was hard, my dad loaned me a million dollars.”

Let me tell you about life being hard.

Life is hard when you’re a single mother being the breadwinner raising an autistic son.

Life is hard when you can’t walk in public comfortably because people want to charge at you for religious expression.

Life is hard when you’re making minimum wage while raising a child and trying to go back to school.

Life is hard when you’re a black person who is constantly reminded with every untimely death that their life has no value

Life is hard when you’re an undocumented immigrant who is constantly busting their butt trying to support their family by doing the most demoralizing jobs.

Trump you don’t know a damn thing about hard life. Not you, your wife and definitely not your children.

Look at yourself again and tell us, what do you think about people who refer to you as crazy and disgusting for getting this country all riled up? Look at me and tell me why I shouldn’t wish that you would just go straight to hell. Then tell me as a President with no political experience what’s going to happen if you agitate another country to the point they’ll bomb us or how you’ll handle a zombie apocalypse if that ever happens? God knows. Why can you run for president, just like that, but I, a 20 year old, gets turned down for every minimum wage job for lack of experience?

But new president

You'd never take a walk with me

Would you?

Sincerely,

Concerned American (by force)