Dear Mom, I Hope That One Day You Understand

I truly do love you, I mean what's any relationship without the arguments and disputes?
37

Dear Mom, I Hope That One Day You Understand,

How Much Your Sacrifices Really Mean To Me,

Not everyone can cross such a border bearing a child within them. I mean come on, you put your life on the line for my future. You gave up your entire life in El Salvador for me. Not knowing what the states would have in store for you did not stop you but rather motivate you. You were determined to give me a better life than you had. And for that ? I thank you.

That Regardless Of My Actions, I Never Mean To Hurt You,

I'm sorry for not making honor roll once I got to high school, I should've because maybe then I wouldn't have to take out all of these loans. But hey, thats a story for another day. I'm sorry for not calling as often now that I am in college, I know I should, I really know I should, but sometimes I just forget. It never really hit me how much a simple phone call can effect your day until you rushed to school that one day. I will never forget wiping the tears off your face as you came to my door with the fear that something had happened to me, because that would've been easier to digest than acknowledging that your daughter had been ignoring you for weeks. I'm sorry for keeping you up during those summer nights when I wouldn't come home until six am. I never meant to keep you up worrying without a simple call, I guess I should've picked up my phone instead of another beer. My tattoos and piercings aren't meant to hurt you either, they're a representation of me, not you. They aren't there to make you feel that somewhere along the line you failed me as a parent, because you never did. Not once.

I Will Never Be Like My Sister,

Yes! She's amazing too, but we are two completely different people and sometimes it sucks that you can't see that. I wish you would stop comparing us or better yet pointing out our differences. I will not be a doctor, and probably won't get married but these decisions are completely my choice. The more you drilled these thoughts onto my head, the farther you drew me apart from them. Who knows, maybe if you weren't reminding me every darn day that my sister was in med school, i'd probably be somewhat interested. But fortunately for me, med school is not in career path and that is okay. Because hopefully one day you will be able to say that you have two daughters; a doctor and a lawyer.

Is Much As You Make My Life Impossible, I Love You,

I truly do love you, I mean whats any relationship without the arguments and disputes? I know that when you get mad, it's only because you realize my capabilities and become frustrated when I'm not reaching them. You truly mean so much to me and i'm sorry for not telling you that as often. You really are my super woman. And for that ? and absolutely every other reason under the sun? I LOVE YOU.