The Top 10 Things Every Mean Girl, Jerk And Bully Need To Hear

It's not you, it's them.

398
Bailey Martindale

he Top 10 Things Insecure Jerks, Bullies and Mean Girls Need to Hear.

The girls picking apart other ladies' selfies, attire or personality. The men criticizing other guys at the gym. Coworkers constantly putting you down. We've all dealt with insecure, mean jerks. Women are a little more viscous in this context, but there are still men who are guilty. Social media is a wonderful thing, but it can also be a terrible thing. It has created this space for assumptions and attacks. When you leave high school and even college, you think you've finally gotten away from the bullies and mean girls ... and then out of nowhere, they attack. They're in social circles, they're in the workplace, at the gym, online... they're everywhere. And you never know when or how they will show their ugly face.

To the insecure bullies, mean girls and jerks, here's what we want you to know:

1.You're unhealthy. You're toxic. I'm sorry for whatever insecurities you deal with or what may have happened in the past but you don't get to take it out on me or anyone else. Not my circus, not my monkeys.

2.Having an opinion is a good thing until it's not. Unhealthy, over-opinionated, volatility is not cute. Self-proclaiming you fit a stereotype and refuse to entertain other ways of thinking is scary. It's disastrous and makes you a negative contribution to society. Being so set in your ways that you're unable to learn about other points of view hurts you and your growth as a person. Not to mention those around you. Heaven forbid you're a parent and furthering those unhealthy cycles.

3.You're completely lacking self-awareness, and it's frightening. You see yourself as far better than the people you put down. There's a word for that- narcissism. You're not as wonderful as think. You probably ran off a lot of really nice people. Does it make you wonder why you can't keep friends?

4.You're just mean. Spewing hatred, judgment, and ugly words doesn't reflect the people you're attacking, it reflects your own heart and mind. An ugly heart speaks ugly words. A kind heart speaks kind words. I hope you get your ugliness fixed soon. I'm sure there's inner beauty in there somewhere.

5.Every person does not want your significant other, your way of life, your whatever. Your insecure, jealous bursts are very unhealthy. It must be miserable to live in a constant state of un-trusting jealousy. I feel sad for you. I feel terrible for the people in your life. Life could be so much happier.

6.I know judging others and tearing them down makes you feel better, but it won't last. You attack one individual, but soon you'll be back to feeling insecure and negative. Then you're on to your next victim. It's a vicious cycle. Until you break the cycle, you will live such a miserable, hostile life.

7.Your excuses and justifications for yourself and your actions does not make it ok. Think of your words as fire. You walk around lighting everything in your path on fire then make excuses for the destruction. You never apologize and admit your fault. You just tell others they shouldn't have gotten in your way and carry on with your destruction.

8. I'm sorry you never look truly happy. You walk around with this look of arrogance, but the reality is there's a very insecure person underneath. It's a mask. You're not very friendly. You don't go out of your way to be kind. You have this constant look of uptight judgment on your face. Carrying around that much hostility must make you feel miserable. When you're truly happy on the inside, it shows on the outside. I hope you find that. It will change your life.

9. Strong, confident people don't tear each other down. They build them up. Be a good woman, a good man- lift others, encourage others. You can tell the most confident people by the way they interact with others. They are encouraging, joyous and fun to be around. You leave feeling better than when you first encountered them. You insecure bullies and mean girls make everyone tense because we never know what you're going to do or say. We all feel worse after interacting with you. Being around you at a social function is like a game of roulette. We're crossing our fingers and praying you won't pull the deathly trigger on one of us. We're all tense waiting for your outbursts on one person or another. We breathe such a sigh of relief when you leave.

10. Leave us alone until you can be a nice person. Hopefully, your mother or someone along the way told you "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Everyone is different. Every has things they enjoy or do differently than you. The world is a better place because we make up a rainbow of beliefs, ideas, and personalities. Be you but be the real you. Once you get rid of your bully and mean girl antics, we gladly welcome you into our lives. Until then, live in your own misery. We don't need that kind of company.

To everyone who has to deal with these people, just remember: it's not you, It's them. Don't let them take away your sunshine and keep smiling.