A Letter To My Grandpa In Heaven

A Letter To My Grandpa In Heaven

Until next time.

373
A Letter To My Grandpa In Heaven
Deanna Jacopino

I cannot believe it has been three years without you; three whole years since the last time I saw you or heard your voice. There are so many things I want to say to you and so many things I want you to know about my life since I last saw you. I’m not really sure how it all works once you’re in heaven but I would like to think that you would be able to know what I write in this article. So let me start with this:

I’m not going to lie, the past few years haven’t been easy without you around. Losing you was one of the hardest things I ever had to go through. I think that’s because when you left us I didn’t just lose my grandpa but I lost someone I always looked up to. You were different; you were the coolest man I ever met in my life. You had a certain aspect of life that I honestly can’t even put into words. You worked hard, you followed your heart and you had the patience of a saint. You brought a special piece to our family, and of course, I miss that.

I wish you could be here for all the important things like meet the man I eventually marry. Even though I know you would just tell me “You don’t need a boyfriend.” There are so many memories you missed out on but you’ve sent me signs from above to show me that you are always with me. You’re a great grandpa now to the most adorable baby, but I’m sure you already know that. I don’t even want to say that you would have loved him because I know you do. I feel bad for whoever didn’t get the chance to meet you because they really are missing out on an incredible person. But don’t worry, every future family member that didn’t get the chance to meet you will hear all about you.

Since you’ve been gone I’ve learned so much more about you and your life. I have so many questions and so many stories I wish I could have heard from you. I know you went through many obstacles throughout your life, but somehow you always found a way to overcome them and find the good in a situation. I know family was always the most important part of your life especially your grandkids.

For now, there is only one more thing I want you to know. I try my hardest to not be sad even though I miss you and Grandma with all my heart. This year I’ve decided to celebrate you because I know I will eventually see you again. I hope heaven is everything they depict it to be. I hope it is beautiful, I hope you’re not in pain, but most importantly I hope you’re happy. Keep sending me signs, because I’m always on the look out for them.

Love Always,

Your Baby Doll