Dear Girls, STOP Comparing Yourself To Others

I grew up as a shy and self-conscious girl. I spent an alarming amount of time comparing myself to others, and feeling less pretty because I saw a girl that I thought was prettier than me.

I was constantly hurting and feeling like I wasn't good enough.

But the older I got, the more that I started to appreciate me for me. I grew more confident and as a result, I got happier.

I started to love myself.

I no longer compare myself to others, and it has made my life so much better. I can appreciate a girl's cute outfit or hair, but I never ever look at someone and think less of myself because they are attractive.

Now, I am constantly seeing my friends comparing themselves to others. I can tell that it hurts them and makes them feel less beautiful. I can tell that it makes them take a second look in the mirror before they walk out the door, thinking about what others might think of their appearance.

Girls, STOP doing that to yourself.

We are all beautiful. We all have unique characteristics about ourselves that make us who we are. Why would we want to compare those things about ourselves to others?

We are all our own person. We all deserve to feel beautiful and confident every single day.

If we spend our days comparing ourselves to others, we will never find satisfaction. There will always be someone that we find prettier or skinnier, but who cares? That doesn't mean that we are less beautiful, we are just different from them.

Comparing ourselves is a vicious cycle.

We see a girl and feel down on ourselves because we think that they are more attractive, then that girl compares herself to someone else and feels insecure, and so on down the road. It never ends, unless we choose to stop.

Unless we choose to love ourselves for who we are, inside AND out.

I have found myself to be so much happier and confident since I made the decision to accept myself for who I am.

I have grown to love myself and every "flaw" on my body.

I am confident when I leave the house.

This is how every girl deserves to feel. It all starts with a decision.

Choose you.

Choose to accept yourself and love yourself for who you are.

You are beautiful.