Dear Freshman Dorm...

Dear Freshman Dorm...

9

Dear Freshman Dorm,

First of all, thank you for providing me a home throughout the longest and most difficult 8 months of my life. This place became my home away from home, a permanent residence in a virtually new town.

Thank you for providing me opportunities to get involved. From ice cream socials to mandatory floor meetings, the halls were always full of joy and energy. Thank you for the always hectic study rooms and overcrowded living rooms, because here is where I met some of my very best friends.

Most of all thank you for the safety and comfort you provided. Although the air conditioning and heat never seemed to be working properly, and the elevators were always slow in times of hurry, this place was a perfectly imperfect roof over my head.

Who ever knew that hundreds of girls could live together and create bonds that could never be broken? I am forever grateful for my neighbors, elevator companions, and lifelong friendships that I have made along the way, because they are whom I will remember most. From waking up to a random person's alarm, to the fire drills in the middle of the night, we survived together and will leave with thousands of memories.

To the RA's; thank you for not always being nice. Suddenly venturing out alone is not always easy, and they made the transition as smoothly as possible. From “get to know you" games to holding us accountable when our rooms are messy, they are and will always be our “parents" away from home. Also, thank you for the encouraging bulletin boards and random treats, little bits of kindness meant so much when I was feeling down. Thanks for giving us strikes when we forgot our keys late at night, and for making every “guest" have an escort, I understand now that safety was the upmost priority.

Freshman year would never have been the same without the dorm life. Messy laundry rooms and disgusting bathrooms honestly aren't so bad when you compare it to the memories, friendships, and amazing experiences you provided us.

Sincerely,

Any Freshman Girl